Account Manager (Remote Europe)
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Account Manager to join our team. As an Account Manager, you will play a critical role in the strategic retention and growth of our client base within your assigned portfolio. Your primary responsibilities will involve working closely with clients and internal stakeholders, fostering proactive communication, maintaining seamless operations, and identifying opportunities for growth. You will work collaboratively with marketing teams to establish cohesive marketing and promotional strategies to capture market share and drive sales. Ensuring continued alignment of BlackSquare and client objectives will be a key success factor for this role.
Reporting to the Senior Director, External Brands, you will be responsible to:
- Build and nurture strong relationships with clients within your assigned portfolio (2-4 accounts).
- Develop a thorough understanding of clients’ business and goals. Propose strategies, solutions and share best practices to drive results and overcome challenges.
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to ensure seamless operations and client satisfaction.
- Act as contact for B2B and/or D2C marketing teams, leveraging 1st party data and existing knowledge to advise on marketing and advertising campaigns in collaboration with client teams and internal counterparts;
- Ensure alignment between BlackSquare and client on monthly/quarterly/yearly sales forecasts and KPIs. Facilitate continuous improvement through lessons learned, business reviews, and process initiatives;
- Create and manage an account plan focused on growing and nurturing BlackSquare’s client relationships and identifying opportunities to help clients grow their business;
- Ensure regular and responsive communications with clients to keep them up-to-date on all programs and performance;
- Work effectively with cross-functional internal teams to ensure that all client deliverables are executed to plan;
- Gather, organize, and present client feedback to help our product owners focus on enhancements and new features that will provide meaningful benefits to our clients;
- Stay up-to-date with product knowledge and industry trends to provide expert advice to clients.
- Maintain accurate records of client interactions, sales activities, and account progress.
What you bring:
- Fluency in English required (written & verbal); French and/or German considered an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Post secondary education required;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to foster strong client relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on achieving targets and driving growth.
- Prior experience creating proposals and statements of work;
- Relevant previous e-commerce, marketing and team leadership experience;
- Demonstrates initiative and decision-making skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written;
- Experience with project management software (Jira preferred).
- Ability to travel occasionally to client offices across Europe.
BlackSquare is the global digital experience leader in the alcohol beverage space. We provide direct to consumer turnkey marketing, operations, logistics, and distribution technology-enabled managed services, as well as e-commerce software as a service (SaaS) and data analytics. We are a relentlessly resourceful group of people. Everyone in the company has the freedom to work independently, to solve problems and to get things done for our clients. It’s that entrepreneurial mindset that underpins everything we do together. This is a remote opportunity and the successful candidate for this position must be located in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Netherlands preferred). As BlackSquare is based in Canada, some of your working hours will be required to overlap with working hours in Mountain Standard Time (MST) in North America (UTC -7).
Why Work With Us?
- We’re scaling, fast: We are an established company with 10+ years in the high growth field of e-commerce for the alcohol industry. We are now taking that experience global and scaling fast!
- We have an amazing team: Our culture is centered on strength in collaboration. Through trust and support, we have built a high performing team that is growing and learning every day. We take the work seriously but not ourselves and are always up for a laugh.
- You will be challenged: All our employees have the autonomy to stretch and grow as professionals, pushing themselves to make a real impact. If you are looking for a calm, consistent role where each day is the same then BlackSquare probably isn’t for you.
- You can be yourself: We are a remote-first company with flexibility to manage a balance between home and work, whatever that means for you. Every one of our employees enriches our culture by showing up everyday with their unique and authentic selves.
BlackSquare is committed to building an environment that values diversity, equality and inclusion. Our belief is that we are a place of belonging that recognizes and respects our diversity and provides platforms to learn from each other. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities and racialized people, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.