Quality Assurance Floor Associate
Quality Assurance Floor Associate
BIOVECTRA Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
BIOVECTRA has openings for Quality Assurance Floor Associates. These are permanent, full-time positions located in Charlottetown, PEI.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Provide consultation or advice in alignment with QA policies through on the floor presence, working with other departments by providing QA guidance to events or questions that may arise.
- Supporting the incident programs (deviation, laboratory investigation, CAPA, etc.), including reviewing, assessing the severity, and approving minor incidents and outcomes of Phase 1 OOS investigations.
- Escalation of major incidents (manufacturing and quality control) to Senior Quality Management. Participating in the investigations of major incidents.
- Participating in the internal audit program and supporting external audit requirements.
- Monitoring and enforcement of GMP requirements during day-to-day operations for all departments within the company.
- Issuance of batch production records to the Manufacturing Department.
- Issuance of batch specific finished product labels.
- Inspecting and releasing rooms and performing facility inspections as part of general compliance activities.
- Issuing, checking, and archiving QC notebooks.
- Supporting the manufacture of materials by conducting in-process quality inspections as required.
- Performing activities associated with disposition of product (e.g. GMP batch record review, GMP analytical data review, creation of batch specific certificate of conformance and certificate of origin, holistic review and closure of incidents).
- Performing computer system inspection for data integrity.
- Supporting Process lifecycle by reviewing and approving creation and changes to documents.
- Mentoring and training others with similar job duties as requested.
- Additional duties assigned, based on business needs and the department supervisor’s request.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- Post-Secondary Education.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field an asset.
- 12 hour rotating shift (Days/Nights).
- Ability to work overtime, as requested.
- Must pass annual vision test and be free of color blindness.
- Work that includes periods of walking, extended periods of standing, and movement of the body such as kneeling and climbing.
- Working environment: fluorescent lights, chemical handling.
Entry: $22.00 / hr
Note: Employees are eligible to apply for internal positions once they have completed a minimum of one year of service in their current position.
BIOVECTRA offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by choosing the “Apply Now” button.
Individual accommodations due to a disability are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, citizenship status, marital status, actual or perceived sexual orientation. BIOVECTRA is committed to creating an inclusive environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. Please view this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, apply! We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly