BIOVECTRA Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
BIOVECTRA Inc. has two openings for an Accounting Student. This is a 4-month term position (May - August) located in Charlottetown, PEI.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting Accounts Receivable activities including payment processing, customer inquiries, and customer maintenance.
- Assisting Accounts Payable activities including invoice posting, GRN management, cheque preparation, supplier inquiries and supplier maintenance.
- Providing administrative service as requested including copying, typing, proof-reading, editing, and formatting and preparation of documents.
- Additional Duties assigned, based on business needs and the department supervisor’s request.
- Compiling and analyzing account data to create capital, liability, and asset account entries.
- Gathers, interpret and compiles account trends and data to create specialized financial reports.
- Assist staff with the preparation of budgets for funding application.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reporting requirements.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- Must be enrolled in a post-secondary program.
- Administration diploma or similar considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Effective communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work individually with minimal supervision in a multi-task environment.
Pay Rate: $18.00 per hour, based on years of education.
BIOVECTRA offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by choosing the “Apply Now” button.
Closing Date: February 12, 2024
Individual accommodations due to a disability are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, citizenship status, marital status, actual or perceived sexual orientation. BIOVECTRA is committed to creating an inclusive environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. Please view this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role, apply! We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family Students
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship