BIOVECTRA Inc. has an immediate opening for a Process Engineer. This is a full-time permanent position located in Windsor, NS.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Prioritizing and executing assigned project deliverables, including adherence to budgets and schedules, coordinating project startup, commissioning and qualification activities with internal and external groups.
- Assembling and reviewing Turn Over Packages (TOP) for systems and equipment. Developing Equipment Qualification protocols and execution of these protocols. Data collection and statistical analysis.
- Developing and updating AutoCAD drawings. Reviewing and updating "As Built" drawings in coordination with outside contractors.
- Supporting validation activities with internal and external groups as required.
- Supporting trades people (electrical, mechanical, automation) by providing advice or guidance.
- Assessment of spare parts and setting up inventory for maintenance of equipment.
- Conferring with vendors to determine product specifications, purchase equipment, materials or parts, materials of construction (“MOC”) and evaluate products according to quality standards.
- Processing, equipment and engineering improvements/modifications to existing manufacturing equipment. This includes mechanical, electrical and instrumentation installation and improvements.
- Researching technical information for the installation, installation, maintenance, and operation of instruments and equipment. Determining the critical testing requirements for instrumentation and equipment prior to qualification.
- Participating in project meetings and updating stakeholders on project statuses.
- Participate in P&ID, HAZOP, PHA and other design reviews.
- Acting as the Subject Matter Expert for assigned systems/process equipment.
- Adhering to BIOVECTRA's Health and Safety Policy.
- Additional duties assigned, based on business needs and the department supervisor’s request.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical preferred).
- Six Sigma or Lean Certification would be an asset.
- PMP is considered an asset.
- Five years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment, pharmaceutical experience is an asset.
- Hands on experience with the starting up and commissioning instruments and process equipment.
- Experience in project oversight with a strong business acumen.
- Familiarity with current engineering codes and regulations, i.e. NFPA, CRN, CEC, NBC, ASME
BIOVECTRA offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by choosing the “Apply Now” button below.
Closing Date September 22, 2023
- Pay Type Salary