BIOVECTRA has openings for Production Technicians. These are permanent full-time positions located in Windsor, NS.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Operating manual and automated equipment to perform Microbial Fermentations, Down Stream Purifications, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) or fine chemical manufacture.
- Controlling processes from start-up to shutdown, including unit operations of microbial growth, expression, recovery, filtration, chemical synthesis, and purification.
- Handling of hazardous materials, including: acids, bases, solvents, potent compounds, and APIs safely and properly.
- Performing process sampling and testing including: pH, conductivity, spectrophotometry, osmometry, densometry, aseptic sampling and streak plating, etc.
- Collaborating with other departments on process and equipment training for successful completion of manufacturing batches.
- Preparing shift summaries and updating excel spreadsheets with key performance and quality indicators.
- Providing feedback to influence continuous improvements during the review and revision of Standard Operating Procedures and other process documentation.
- Participating in BIOVECTRA's quality management system, focusing on the batch production records, work instructions, adherence to policies and standard operating procedures at all times.
- Assisting with housekeeping, equipment cleaning, general warehousing, material staging and tanker operations as required.
- Adhering to BIOVECTRA’s Health and Safety Policy as outlined in the BIOVECTRA Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Statements of Principle, and Responsibilities.
- Additional duties as assigned, based on business needs and the department supervisor’s request.
The successful candidate for this position should have
- High school diploma.
- Post-Secondary diploma or B.Sc. with a concentration in Chemistry or Biology an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Two years work experience in a related field.
- Industrial experience in pharma an asset.
- GMP experience an asset.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a dynamic team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work independently.
- WHMIS certification, First Aid, are an asset
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts.
- Able to lift up to 25 kg.
BIOVECTRA offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by choosing the “Apply Now” button.
- Pay Type Hourly