Dartmouth, NS, Canada
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Dartmouth, NS, Canada ● Windsor, NS, Canada Req #1048
Tuesday, May 9, 2023
BIOVECTRA Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
BIOVECTRA Inc. has an opening for a Process Engineer, Manufacturing Science & Technology Biologics. This is permanent, full-time position located in Windsor, NS.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Prioritizing and executing assigned project deliverables, including adherence to budgets and schedules, coordinating project startup, commissioning and qualification activities with internal and external groups.
- Startup of new process equipment and instrumentation, troubleshooting equipment and instrumentation during commissioning activities.
- Assembling and reviewing Turn Over Packages (TOP) for systems and equipment. Developing Equipment Qualification protocols and execution of these protocols. Data collection and statistical analysis.
- Developing and updating ACAD drawings. Reviewing and updating "As Built" drawings in coordination with outside contractors.
- Coordinating project startup, commissioning and validation activities with internal and external groups.
- Supporting trades people (electrical, mechanical, and structural) by providing advice or guidance.
- Setting up project consumables within MRP system.
- Operating within budget and project schedules.
- Conferring with vendors to determine product specifications, purchase equipment, materials or parts, materials of construction (“MOC”) and evaluate products according to quality standards.
- Processing, equipment and engineering improvements/modifications to existing manufacturing equipment. This includes mechanical, electrical and instrumentation installation and improvements.
- Researching technical information for the installation, installation, maintenance, and operation of instruments and equipment. Determining the critical testing requirements for instrumentation and equipment prior to qualification.
- Assisting maintenance department with repair, calibration, and sourcing replacement parts, as required.
- Participating in project meetings between engineering, manufacturing and client.
- Participate in P&D, HAZOP, PHA and other design reviews
- Organizing project paperwork, drawings and files
- Adhering to BIOVECTRA's Health and Safety Policy as outlined in CP0010 Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Statements of Principle, and Responsibilities.
- Additional duties assigned, based on business needs and the department supervisor’s request
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical preferred)
- Six Sigma or Lean Certification would be an asset
- PMP is considered an asset
- Five years’ work experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing or similar regulated environment.
- Hands on experience with the starting up and commissioning instruments and process equipment.
- Possesses financial acumen, understands business metrics, and how to impact results. Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
- Basic understanding of fire and building codes and applicable quality and regulatory standards.
BIOVECTRA offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by choosing the “Apply Now” button.
Individual accommodations due to a disability are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, citizenship status, marital status, actual or perceived sexual orientation. BIOVECTRA is committed to creating an inclusive environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. Please view this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have theskills to contribute and lead in this role, apply! We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
Share this job:
See more open positions at BioVectra Inc.
Something looks off?