Senior Data Scientist - Growth
Sales & Business Development, Data Science
Remote · United States · Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist - Growth to join our mission-driven, fast-growing company to help scientists around the world create and share beautiful, professional scientific figures.
What you'll be doing
- Partner with Marketing, Product, Engineering, and CX teams to drive the business forward with data
- Establish data and measurement strategies to understand the effectiveness of our growth approach
- Understand marketing and growth effectiveness through designing experimentation and causal inference, while building machine learning/optimization models to optimize our channel mix, engagement and growth strategies
- Build predictive models on customer churn, retention and LTV to help business targeting and understanding our customers
- Conduct research and knowledge share on the latest data science and machine learning techniques within the team and organization
Our ideal fit
- Expertise in statistical inference and machine learning modeling
- Proficiency in working with complex and fast-evolving data sets
- 3+ years of industry experience designing, developing models post academia
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Proficiency in numeric programming (Python and/or R) as well as SQL or any other database languages
- Experience in experimental design and strong product sense
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence non-technical audiences with analytical insights
- Familiarity with common marketing optimization, customer behavior prediction solutions
- Knowledge of vendors in the marketing science space
We typically expect candidates to have 4+ years of experience to achieve these accomplishments. However, we recognize that career paths vary, and your unique journey may have equipped you with the necessary skills. If you believe you have what it takes to excel in this role, we encourage you to apply!
Why join us?
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us: https://biorender.com/testimonials/
- We are in the top quartile for profitability and year-over-year revenue growth, with users in 200+ countries.
- BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA.
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.
Check out our candidate resource - Engineering, Product & Design at BioRender!
You can also read more about the BioRender interview process and FAQs here!