Human Resources Manager
People & HR
Remote · United States · Canada
Posted on Saturday, June 3, 2023
At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
Are you a strategic Human Resources leader who wants to be a key player at a fast-growing startup with the opportunity to make a positive impact in the world of science and technology to improve scientific communication? If so, you might be a great fit to join BioRender’s People team as a Human Resources Manager.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Human Resources Manager to play a key role in managing our People team and to develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives that align with BioRender’s goals and values. You will be responsible for all aspects of human resources, including employee onboarding, employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, training and development, and compliance with relevant employment laws.
Our ideal fit:
- Leadership: Strong ability to motivate, guide, and support a team of HR professionals fostering a positive work environment and driving individual and team performance.
- Communication skills: Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities, enabling clear and concise communication of information to cross-functional team members, managers and other stakeholders.
- Team-first and outstanding cross-functional collaboration: You are capable of building trusted relationships with diverse stakeholders, and understanding the needs and dynamics of distinct teams.
- Adaptability: Comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, demonstrating resilience and flexibility in adapting to change and leading the team through periods of growth or uncertainty.
- Ruthless prioritization: You can manage multiple competing priorities, bring structure to ambiguity and have exceptional project and time management skills.
What you'll be doing:
- Employee Onboarding: Design and manage a comprehensive onboarding process to ensure new hires transition smoothly into the company, and are enabled to quickly make an impact in their role
- Performance Management: Maintain and develop a performance management program where team members and managers regularly align on performance expectations, current performance levels, and development plans
- Employee Engagement and Retention: Use employee feedback avenues and identify opportunities to improve employee satisfaction and retention. Lead the Culture & Events Specialist to plan and run internal events, building employee engagement and community.
- Compensation and Benefits: Support the Senior Comp Analyst in the design and administration of the company’s compensation programs. Regularly review the company’s benefits offerings and partner with the Head of Finance to propose changes as needed.
- Policy Development and Compliance: Establish HR policies and procedures aligned with legal and regulatory requirements for both US and Canadian employees. Stay informed about labour laws, regulations, and best practices to ensure the company's compliance.
- Employee Relations: Act as a trusted advisor and provide guidance to employees and managers on various HR-related matters. Address and investigate employee concerns, grievances, and conflicts, and implement appropriate resolutions or disciplinary actions when necessary.
- Maintain and Improve HR Tools & Processes: Partner with the IT and Finance team to ensure HR Tools and Processes are in place for internal operations to run effectively, and scale with the growing team, including HRIS, performance management platforms, etc.
What you bring to the table:
- 7-10+ years of experience managing the HR function, and coaching managers in a high-growth tech company with a fast-paced, high-performance culture (including HRBP and/or Organizational Effectiveness roles)
- 2-4 years of experience managing and developing a team of People professionals
- Previous experience as a member of the management team, and partnering with C-suite executives
- Strong experience in HR program management, including design, implementation, rollout, and maintenance of HR programs
- Previous experience with, and working knowledge of, employment legislation and compliance for both Canadian and US employees
- CHRP designation is a plus
Why join us?
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us: https://biorender.com/testimonials/
- We are profitable, funded solely by user growth, and growing more than 200% YoY with users in 200+ countries.
- We're proud that half of our team members are women (including those in leadership positions), and 65% of our team are BIPOC! BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA.
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.
You can read more about the BioRender interview process and FAQs here!