Scientific Content Writer
Marketing & Communications
Remote · United States · Canada
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
Are you a strategic thinker who wants to be a key player at a fast-growing, world-changing company in the next 2-4 years? If so, you might be a great fit for BioRender’s very FIRST Scientific Content Writer!
We are looking for a motivated self-starter to join our Marketing team and play a key role in developing the content marketing strategy and compelling campaigns to reach our core scientific audience and key personas. In this role, you’ll have a direct impact on creating broader awareness in the market, driving higher inbound traffic of new site visitors, and increasing signups, trials, and leads for sales. You’ll be working side by side with our Product, Sales, Marketing, and Creative teams to communicate and engage with our scientific audience.
This is a remote-friendly role!
Our ideal fit:
- Strong Scientific Communication: You are a strong storyteller and exceptional writer who can engage with our core personas and market confidently and convincingly. You understand and can passionately speak to the importance of visual communication in science.
- Strategic Project Management: You have a strong ability to develop content marketing plans and have had success planning and executing marketing campaigns to contribute to sales goals.
- Action-Oriented Mindset: You are self-motivated, resourceful, and can work independently and move projects forward without the internal support of a dedicated team.
- Develop a content marketing strategy to drive broader industry awareness utilizing existing content, new bespoke content, and user-generated content
- Increase new visitor organic inbound traffic to BioRender.com through content efforts
- Support sales pipeline goals with industry-specific content and promotional campaigns that generate new leads for sales
- Partner with the product team and product marketing to leverage user-generated content to drive higher product engagement and new signups
- Develop, plan and execute content projects that partner with scientific leaders to develop core content such as new templates, graphical abstract guidelines, etc
- Conduct interviews with customers to generate compelling case studies and user stories
- Up-level marketing content and be the science subject matter expert who edits and reviews marketing content for scientific accuracy, provides insight and edits to ensure tone/language resonates with scientists
- Collaborate with marketing teams to develop quarterly webinar topics and content to increase user engagement
What you bring to the table:
- BSc or MSc in Life Sciences
- Passion and understanding of visual science communication
- 3+ years of experience as a science communicator or science writer with published work
- 3+ years in related marketing roles such as content, product, or demand marketing
- Has demonstrated marketing success through content creation and content campaigns within the science industry
- Has successfully created a content strategy to support marketing and business goals
- Can create simple graphics to support social promotion, email campaigns, or can successfully guide the creation of effective scientific illustrations with examples
- Has experience working cross-functionally with product and marketing teams to create content
What you can expect from our interview process:
- Introductory calls: We will set up a 30-minute phone call with one of our recruiters and our Head of Marketing during which you’ll have the opportunity to share more about your experience and interests. You’ll also learn more about BioRender and the team you’re interviewing with. Feel free to ask any questions throughout these calls!
- Practical interview: You’ll be completing a practical exercise so we can see your skills in action and give you a realistic role preview. This exercise will be conducted with our Head of Marketing and another executive.
- Work history interview: This is a conversational interview with our Leadership team. They will review your past work and educational experiences in chronological order - you can read more about how to prepare for this interview here!
- Meet the team: Throughout our interview process, you can expect to meet with some of your potential colleagues.
Why join us?
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us: https://biorender.com/testimonials/
- We are in the top quartile for profitability and year-over-year revenue growth, with users in 200+ countries.
- BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA.
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.
You can read more about the BioRender interview process and FAQs here!