Manager, Customer Success
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States · Canada
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
We are hiring a Manager, CSM, to join our young, fast-growing company (rewarded by Great Place to Work and the Globe and Mail) on our mission to help scientists create and share beautiful, professional scientific figures.
As the Manager, CSM, you will lead a team of Mid-Market Customer Success Managers. This role will coach the team to achieve customer and business outcomes, work directly with customers on high-priority interactions, collaborate and execute on customer retention and growth strategies, and work closely with the Customer Success Leadership team on continuous and operational improvement.
Our ideal fit:
- Leadership: Strong ability to motivate, guide, and support a team of customer success managers fostering a positive work environment and driving individual and team performance - including onboarding, adoption, renewal, and upsell.
- Analytical skills: Proficient in using data to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement in customer success operations, ensuring data-driven decision-making and process optimizations.
- Project management: Skilled in planning and executing customer success initiatives and projects, balancing the team's and customers' needs while ensuring timely and efficient delivery of desired outcomes.
- Collaboration and stakeholder management: Adept at working closely with cross-functional partners, including sales, product, and support teams, to drive customer success and satisfaction.
- Communication skills: Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities, enabling clear and concise communication of information to customers, team members, and other stakeholders.
- Empathy and active listening: Understanding and anticipating customer needs, showing genuine concern for their challenges, and taking proactive steps to address their concerns.
- Adaptability: Comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, demonstrating resilience and flexibility in adapting to change and leading the team through periods of growth or uncertainty. Build critical team functions while executing against quarterly targets.
- Customer-centric mindset: Possess a deep understanding of customer needs and expectations, constantly striving to deliver exceptional customer experiences and exceed customer expectations.
What you'll be doing:
- Contribute critical leadership guidance and accountability to the CSM team on goal achievement within the first quarter.
- Contribute to critical Customer Success transformation objectives within 3 months - including the hiring process for CSMs.
- Learn the critical use cases for key stakeholder personas.
- Work collaboratively with the Sales team on joint account strategies within 3 months.
- Engaged in complex commercial negotiations and solutioning within 3 months.
- Lead a team that achieves retention, upsell, & CSQL targets within 6 months.
- Scale the team by interviewing and hiring CSM candidates and incorporating process improvements and technology-driven engagement within 9 months.
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing high-performing customer success teams in a fast-paced, growth-oriented Saas organization.
- Demonstrated success in implementing process improvements, new strategies, and systems that have resulted in increased customer retention and satisfaction.
- Experience owning renewals and subscription-based upsell processes and outcomes.
- Prior life sciences experience and/or Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent is a plus (e.g. within the fields of life science including biology, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, biochemistry, etc.)
Why Join Us?
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us: https://biorender.com/testimonials/
- We are profitable, funded solely by user growth, and growing more than 200% YoY with users in 200+ countries.
- We're proud that half of our team members are women (including those in leadership positions), and 65% of our team are BIPOC! BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.
You can read more about the BioRender interview process and FAQs here!
See more open positions at BioRender
Something looks off?