External Field Technician
What do we do?
BinSentry is an Internet of Things (IoT) startup in the AgTech (agriculture technology) industry. We serve feed mills who in turn use our sensors to help monitor the feed inventory on poultry, swine and dairy farms. We design, manufacture, and assemble our own hardware but we focus primarily on software services. We currently are monitoring thousands of bins on thousands of farm locations throughout North America.
We are seeking conscientious qualified candidates who can install and service our devices in your region. External Service Technicians will be required to drive to multiple farm sites ranging from 1 - 20 in a given day. At the site, they will be required to disinfect tires and boots, climb feed bins that range between 10 and 40 ft tall and install our sensor inside the bin along with a small solar panel. The installation typically takes 10 - 15 minutes.
- High school diploma
- Working at heights certification with a full understanding of how to use fall protection equipment.
- Reliable vehicle, clean driving record with ability to drive 8 - 10 hrs per day
- Basic knowledge of how to use a smartphone and take basic measurements.
- Organizational and problem solving skills
- Great communication skills to work with customers and ability to communicate in english
- Have a positive attitude and be service minded.
- Possess a solid work ethic and have a high standard for yourself and respect for others
- Be able to work in all types of weather conditions
- Be physically fit to be able to climb and lift more than 50lbs.
- Be trustworthy, prompt and reliable.
Useful skills to have:
- Experience working at heights
- Experience using power tools
- Experience working with electronics
What is an External Technician expected to do?
- Drive to rural areas to install & service our devices on farm locations
- Troubleshoot basic issues on field devices (requiring service) where applicable.
- Adhere to biosecurity rules where required for each farm location.
- Be available 1-2 days per week to go out and visit farms.
- Maintain accurate mileage records and time sheets.
Is BinSentry Remote?
External field technicians will be required to maintain and manage inventory at their home and drive to farms from their home location.
Job Type: Part-Time - 10-20 hrs - No guarantee. Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour plus mileage (negotiable)
Contact: Ken Smid