Product Engagement Analyst - Pendo
The world’s coolest companies (and their employees) use Benevity’s technology to take social action on the issues they care about. Through giving, volunteering, grantmaking, employee resource groups and micro-actions, we help most of the Fortune 100 brands build better cultures and use their power for good. We’re also one of the first B Corporations in Canada, meaning we’re as committed to purpose as we are to profits. We have people working all over the world, including Canada, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, the United States and more!
At Benevity, design the change you want to see in the world.
The Product team is growing, and we have a fantastic opportunity for a Product Engagement Analyst. This is a new role at Benevity and one with immense importance in helping the product team leverage Pendo to better understand and engage with our users.
We have a clear product vision for igniting new ways of inspiring daily goodness in the hands of clients, employees, customers and charitable causes. We need your help in better understanding how users do good across our products. As a B Corp, we’re thrilled to be part of the next wave of companies that are committed to higher social and sustainability standards—a commitment you’ll see reflected in our mission-driven culture.
Take some time to read through this job posting, and if your passions and experience match what we have laid out here, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms: skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
As a Product Engagement Analyst, you will be part of building a world-class corporate impact platform, applying your experience and skills to improve our understanding of how people use and behave within our product ecosystem.
This role offers a unique opportunity to drive data-driven product decisions, positive behaviour change, and the adoption and maturity of Pendo, resulting in positive product outcomes.
As a Product Engagement Analyst at Benevity, you will be responsible for:
Collaborative Engagement and Influence
- Strategic Partnerships with Leadership: Forge strong relationships with product leadership and individual product triads to uncover trends, opportunities, and user behavior patterns.
- Cross-Functional Teamwork: Collaborate with teams like client success and marketing to support essential client priorities including health scores, feature reporting, and renewals.
- Product Marketing Synergy: Work in tandem with Product Marketing to develop and manage user guides, aiming to boost feature adoption and user participation rates.
Comprehensive Management of Pendo
- Pendo Oversight: Lead Pendo management to ensure precise tracking of user interactions, effective segment and campaign management, along with comprehensive reporting.
- Integration and Enablement: Guarantee Pendo’s configuration across all product areas and coordinate integrations with Salesforce and Zen Desk. Facilitate product teams' growth in Pendo proficiency.
- Strategic Engagement and Planning: Regularly engage with Pendo's product roadmap and educational events, and align its use with business objectives for future system initiatives.
User Feedback and Data-Driven Decision-Making
- Feedback Loop Development: Establish methods for monitoring product performance and collecting user feedback, including managing feedback mechanisms across the product ecosystem.
- Analytical Insight and Campaign Management: Manage the creation of in-product guides and surveys, using statistical techniques to gain insights and assess business impact. Understand user journeys and identify data patterns.
- Monitoring, Reporting, and Improvements: Design and maintain critical metrics and dashboards to support product decisions. Actively identify areas for user experience improvement and update stakeholders regularly.
What you bring:
You are an experienced product analyst who has worked on SaaS products in the consumer or enterprise space. We are open to various experience levels and understand that years of experience are not the only indicators of skills and capabilities. We are looking for an individual whose knowledge and skills align with the following:
- You are a natural collaborator and have experience working across teams and functions to get work done.
- You love understanding user behaviours through data and can demonstrate how you have collected, analyzed and shared data and insights that achieve tangible outcomes.
- A degree in a quantitative or qualitative field such as statistics, business management, mathematics, anthropology, economics, computer science, or a related discipline is an asset.
- Experience (3+ years) working with data or research analysis, preferably in a product-focused or user-experience role.
- Expertise (2+ year) in implementing and configuring Pendo or similar product engagement and analytic tools.
- Proficiency in implementing event tracking, user segmentation, feedback mechanisms, user engagements, and data visualization techniques (dashboards & reports).
- Comfortable understanding and navigating through HTML and CSS
- Experience with data analysis techniques, such as cohort analysis, A/B Testing, Retention analysis, heat mapping, form analysis, funnel analysis, session replay, etc.
- Proven track record of driving product improvements through data analysis and experimentation.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate results to non-technical audiences.
- A natural ability to problem solve, learn quickly, and translate data into meaningful insights.
- You are a cultural contributor and mentor to others.
What you can expect:
- Be a part of a product team that genuinely cares for each other and the work we do - we are a very supportive and empathetic group.
- Giving, volunteering, and granting are surprisingly complex and rewarding problem spaces to work in.
- Focus on outcomes, not output. Creating more acts of goodness in the world guides everything we do.
- Have regular conversations with your manager about your personal growth.
- Our hybrid Community First approach leaves space for you to determine where you work best. This approach empowers us to collaborate in a way that builds our cross-functional community, strengthens our culture, and provides flexibility for Benevity-ites to design our lives in a way that best serves us.
- Autonomy to balance the needs of the business with the expectations of your personal life.
- $2,500 per year in charitable donations and volunteer matching through our giving program.
Our Interview Process
Our hiring process is designed to be a good experience for both you and us. We don’t believe that tests accurately demonstrate your abilities to execute your role day-to-day. Instead, we focus on understanding the Why, What, and How you achieved the outcomes you have in previous roles. After being contacted by the Benevity people team for an introductory call, you can expect:
- Initial interview with our hiring team focused on how your skills match our job posting (90 minutes)
- A presentation where you share examples and highlights of your past work, or ideas of strategies you would help implement (90 minutes)
- Team Interview where you get to meet some of the members of your product team (60 minutes)
- Interview with product leadership (60 minutes)
Discover your purpose at work
We are not employees, we are Benevity-ites. From all locations, backgrounds and walks of life, who deserve more …
Innovative work. Growth opportunities. Caring co-workers. And a chance to do work that fills us with a sense of purpose.
If the idea of working on tech that helps people do good in the world lights you up ... If you want a career where you’re valued for who you are and challenged to see who you can become …
It’s time to join Benevity. We’re so excited to meet you.
Join a company where DEIB isn’t a buzzword
The diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and passions of our people make it possible for us to keep innovating as the market leader in our space.
Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are part of Benevity’s DNA. You’ll see the impact of our massive investment in DEIB daily — from our Black Employee Network making space for us to have difficult conversations to our Pride events and the exceptional diversity on our leadership and tech teams.
We strive to build a strong culture of belonging so that every Benevity-ite feels included and can thrive as their authentic selves — in a place where everyone has an equitable opportunity to shine!
Here at Benevity, we’re committed to creating a culture of belonging and that starts with a fair and accessible hiring process. Any candidates with disabilities who may require accommodations throughout the hiring or assessment process are encouraged to reach out to email@example.com.
If you want to feel seen, heard and celebrated, you belong at Benevity.