Director of Engineering
Benevity’s award-winning corporate purpose software empowers companies and their people to take social action on the issues and causes they care about. Through giving, volunteering, grantmaking and positive actions, we help 940+ clients (and counting!) build better cultures and engage their employees and customers to create greater social and business impact. We’re also one of the first B-Corps in Canada, meaning we’re as committed to purpose as we are to profits.
As Benevity’s Director of Engineering, you’ll be responsible for leading several software development teams that contribute to building our suite of products and providing operational and efficiency improvements to help us scale. As a leader of leaders, you’ll combine the ability to coach, motivate, and inspire cross-functional teams with a focus on data-driven execution and technical oversight. You’ll work directly with internal stakeholders to turn ambitious roadmaps into achievable plans and to provide project management to ensure that we deliver. You’ll assist the teams by providing sound technical input and helping strengthen our software development practices.
What You Will Do
- Lead a group of 30+ software developers, staff developers, and people leaders/managers.
- Coaching, mentoring, and people development with an emphasis on developing technology leaders.
- Promote solid software development practices that align with and continuously improve our Benevity SDLC processes.
- Work with product management, product designers, and development teams to translate high-level requirements into working software that creates RFOBs (Raving Fans of Benevity).
- Bring visibility into and guide technical and architectural decision-making.
- Project portfolio management and capacity planning to ensure that teams maintain a balanced backlog of work that addresses technical debt, reduces operational friction, and designs for the future.
- Operational reporting on software product development efforts.
- Represent Benevity at external events with an emphasis on technology recruiting and brand building.
- Promote and inspire developer activities and tech culture to continue to make Benevity a great place to work.
What You Bring
- Experience managing a software development team.
- A growth-oriented mindset with a passion for high-growth mature start-up environments.
- Demonstrated experience in software product development using cloud technologies in a SaaS environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with both technical and business audiences
- A passion for the Benevity mission.
Change the World Through Technology
If you want to build technology teams who are empowered to share their voices (and visions!) as they co-create innovative products for the world’s coolest companies, Benevity is the place for you. You’ll be an integral part of a tech transformation at a high-growth company that is changing the way businesses and people do good in the world.
You’ll get that competitive salary, flexible health benefits, mental health support, a generous bonus program, stock options, a hybrid office/home work environment and so much more. Plus, Benevity’s very own MyGoodness program inspires our people to donate, volunteer and take action for the causes and issues they care about.
If you want to lead tech transformation, you belong at Benevity.
Join a company where DEIB isn’t a buzzword
The diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and passions of our people make it possible for us to keep innovating as the market leader in our space.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are part of Benevity’s DNA. You’ll see the impact of our massive investment in DEIB daily—from our Black Employee Network making space for us to have difficult conversations to our Pride events and the exceptional diversity on our leadership and tech teams.
We strive to build a strong culture of Belonging so that every Benevity-ite feels included and can thrive as their authentic selves — in a place where everyone has an equitable opportunity to shine!
Here at Benevity, we are committed to creating a culture of belonging and that starts with a fair and accessible hiring process. Any candidates with disabilities who may require accommodations throughout the hiring or assessment process, are encouraged to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to feel seen, heard and celebrated, you belong at Benevity.