International People and Culture Manager (Barcelona)
Benevity’s award-winning corporate purpose software empowers companies and their people to take social action on the issues and causes they care about. Through giving, volunteering, grantmaking and positive actions, we help 940+ clients (and counting!) build better cultures and engage their employees and customers to create greater social and business impact. We’re also one of the first B-Corps in Canada, meaning we’re as committed to purpose as we are to profits.
To join our growing team, we’re currently looking for a People and Culture Manager based in Barcelona.
You will oversee all People practices for Benevity’s International business, and support the delivery of great employee and candidate experience in multiple countries. You will support Benevity International leaders from strategic initiatives to day to day issue resolution. You will be a contributor to the design of global people programs and you will drive execution of programs for the international team. You are solutions focused, and you will collaborate with all parts of the People Team and other partners (Finance, IT, Legal).
What will you do?
- Lead a small People Team in Barcelona, supporting Benevity’s International business.
- Utilize your business acumen and practical experience to dig deeply into issues and develop fit for purpose solutions that build culture and drive high performance.
- Collaborate with People Team members, leaders, legal, IT and other stakeholders to recommend creative and practical solutions to complex situations, even ones that you have not encountered before. Identify when a local solution is necessary and when to leverage the broader team and align processes for efficiency.
- Apply your knowledge of HR compliance matters.
- Build and cultivate positive, trust-based working relationships across the business at all levels and with People Team colleagues.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, creativity, problem solving and time management skills, and be a role-model of organizational values.
- Scale recruiting channels and practices to meet business demands and support local recruiter.
- Contribute to designing and/or scaling of programs in Talent Management, People Operations and Learning.
- Support business teams in executing People Programs such as Performance Management, Succession Planning, Learning, Career Development, and Compensation.
- Promote, educate, and support our Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives.
- Facilitate conflict resolution and conduct investigations in a practical, expedient, and discreet manner.
- Guide employee relations issues effectively to successful conclusion.
What will you bring?
- Experienced partner and coach to leaders, providing strategic input, advice and hands-on support across all aspects of People & Culture at every level in the company.
- Minimum 7 years experience including prior team leadership experience.
- Balance strategic and tactical priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Super-hero level in building authentic and impactful relationships.
- Proven change-agent who respectfully challenges existing approaches to drive continuous improvement.
- Critical thinker and integrator of multiple sources of information.
- Skilled listener, fact finder, communicator, presenter.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can take initiative and accomplish tasks without directions. Ambiguity? Challenge accepted!
- Use sound judgment, business acumen and practical experience to guide recommendations.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence by presenting data-driven recommendations to leaders in a clear and compelling manner.
- Fearlessly engages in challenging conversations with clarity and conviction.
- Possesses broad HR expertise, with a depth of knowledge in areas such as Organization design, Recruiting, Performance Management, People Development, Succession & Workforce Planning, Total Rewards, People Relations, Leadership Development, Team Effectiveness, Change Management, Employment Legislation.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Discover your purpose at work!
If you’re a passionate problem solver and want to put your skills to use helping the world’s coolest companies do more good in the world, Benevity is the place for you. You’ll be part of a team with a 99% client retention rate — the highest in the SaaS space — so you can learn and grow with the best.
If you want meaning, purpose and growth, you belong at Benevity!
Join a company where DEIB isn’t a buzzword:
The diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and passions of our people make it possible for us to keep innovating as the market leader in our space.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are part of Benevity’s DNA. You’ll see the impact of our massive investment in DEIB daily—from our Black Employee Network making space for us to have difficult conversations to our Pride events and the exceptional diversity on our leadership and tech teams.
We strive to build a strong culture of Belonging so that every Benevity-ite feels included and can thrive as their authentic selves — in a place where everyone has an equitable opportunity to shine!
Here at Benevity, we are committed to creating a culture of belonging and that starts with a fair and accessible hiring process. Any candidates with disabilities who may require accommodations throughout the hiring or assessment process, are encouraged to reach out to email@example.com.
If you want to feel seen, heard and celebrated, you belong at Benevity!