Client Success Manager
Benevity’s award-winning corporate purpose software empowers companies and their people to take social action on the issues and causes they care about. Through giving, volunteering, grantmaking and positive actions, we help 940+ clients (and counting!) build better cultures and engage their employees and customers to create greater social and business impact. We’re also one of the first B-Corps in Canada, meaning we’re as committed to purpose as we are to profits.
Benevity’s Client Success Manager (CSM) will guide clients to achieve desired outcomes, maximize their value, and drive growth with Benevity’s product suite. The CSM is responsible for bringing Benevity’s best ideas, innovations, and capabilities to clients, so they realize greater impact and value. This individual should be comfortable interacting with C-suite level executives, as well as Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program administrative staff, backed by a strong understanding of their program goals & objectives. A Client Success Manager drives client program impact and acts as a catalyst to build strong and long-lasting relationships with our clients, turning them into evangelists and advocates (Raving Fans of Benevity - RFOBs).
What you will do:
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the Benevity platform suite, and guide the client on platform and solution decisions to ensure successful outcomes
- Explain the “how” and “why“ of Benevity’s product suite features and functionality
- Drive client adoption of the existing platform, as well as new products and features
- Train new-to-Benevity administrators on how to effectively use all relevant product functions
- Explain Benevity’s cross-functional support structure and describe all aspects of our internal client ecosystem
- Suggest and advise on a variety of functional solutions to help the client achieve what they need from the product
- Consult with and connect the appropriate internal teams to solution client problems and escalate when necessary
- Communicate delivery timelines and set realistic expectations with the client
- Serve as the client’s advocate back into Benevity’s internal teams to ensure solutions and services are evolving to meet client needs
- Foster a trusted advisor partnership with the client and align Benevity’s value to their key CSR and overarching business goals
- Build strong, long-term business relationships by consistently going above and beyond client expectations
- Possess a broad understanding of various successful CSR programs and are able to translate this knowledge into specific strategies and recommendations tailored for the client’s program needs
- Evaluate client program priorities and tailor a Success Plan that establishes clear goals and milestones which maximize their ROI
- Identify barriers to program growth and develop effective strategies based in client research and industry knowledge
- Connect the client with their Benevity ecosystem peers to gain knowledge and best practices in client-to-client interactions
- Strive to provide value at every interaction
- Communicate realized program ROI leading to a frictionless renewal and ensuring retention of current client revenue
- Communicate potential program ROI to identify and foster cross-sell and up-sell growth opportunities at the appropriate lifecycle stage and in support of client program goals
- Execute regular program reviews with clients to identify sales, growth and feature enhancement opportunities
- Work with Enhancement teams to complete feature and user up-sell opportunities
- Work in coordination with the Sales Team on client cross-sell opportunities
- Advocate for deep adoption of product features, and solution best practices within your client roster
- Possess a functional understanding of the CSR landscape and how social responsibilities are tied to a variety of company goals
What you bring:
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent education
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in B2E/B2B Customer Success/Account Management or transferable customer service roles
- Strongly prefer experience in a B2B SaaS organization, with solutions of moderate complexity
- History of increasing client satisfaction, adoption, and retention
- Strong client relationship building skills including empathy, humility, adaptability, poise and persuasiveness
- Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable presenting in medium to large groups
- Comfortable overseeing a variety of client service issues to resolution
- Detail-oriented, organized and analytical
- Ability to work independently with strong judgement
- Resilient, and thrives in a multi-tasking, start-up environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly while managing a diverse and full workload
- Success-driven with an entrepreneurial, and self-starter approach
- Up-to-date passport for occasional client travel when required
- Proficient in MS Office
- Team-oriented with a fun-spirit and sense of humor
Do good: We have a genuine interest in bringing a positive impact to the world around us.
Get it done, better: We work smart and go the extra mile.
Say “we”, not “I”: We recognise our individual strengths, communicate and build on them as a team.
Find a smarter way: We think outside of the box and always push boundaries.
Make it fun: We bring positive energy, a lighthearted manner, and have a good laugh.
Join a company where DEIB isn’t a buzzword
The diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and passions of our people make it possible for us to keep innovating as the market leader in our space.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are part of Benevity’s DNA. You’ll see the impact of our investment in DEIB daily—from our Employee Networks making space for us to have difficult conversations, to the exceptional diversity on our leadership and tech teams.
We strive to build a strong culture of Belonging so that every Benevity-ite feels included and can thrive as their authentic selves — in a place where everyone has an equitable opportunity to shine!
If you want to feel seen, heard and celebrated, you belong at Benevity.
Something looks off?