Senior Content Designer
Benevity’s award-winning corporate purpose software empowers companies and their people to take social action on the issues and causes they care about. Through giving, volunteering, grantmaking and positive actions, we help 940+ clients (and counting!) build better cultures and engage their employees and customers to create greater social and business impact. We’re also one of the first B-Corps in Canada, meaning we’re as committed to purpose as we are to profits.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Content Designer in Benevity's Product Content. We have a clear product vision for inspiring daily goodness in our clients, their employees and customers, and the charitable causes they support. We need your help on that journey.
If your passions and skills match the role that we’ve described here, please apply. Experience comes in many forms: skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, and we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
As a Senior Content Designer, you will be a key member of our Product Content group. We're a close-knit team who work across the company to create clear and concise content that inspires users and makes our products work even better. You will apply your skills and expertise to develop meaningful, usable and accessible written content that shapes the product experience.
Our team is responsible for the content that appears throughout our products, including the product interface copy, help center content, and inspirational storytelling. In this role you will collaborate closely with the Product Design team to write UI microcopy and shape the user experience through content.
What You Will Do
- Report directly to the Senior Manager, Product Content Design.
- Write UX copy and work in close collaboration with the product teams, including product designers, developers and product managers.
- Create content models and provide input on taxonomies, metadata and information architecture.
- Collaborate with the product design team to incorporate content insights into UX research.
- Work closely with the design system team to incorporate content guidelines and standards.
- Ensure content is accessible and inclusive, being mindful of the impact words and language have on the people interacting with websites and products.
- Action opportunities to improve UX content processes and workflows within our product development lifecycle.
- Foster a global mindset to encourage content creation and design solutions that are relevant and usable internationally.
What You Bring
- Experienced UX writer with a solid understanding of best practices and approaches to creating usable, accessible UI content.
- Comfortable working deeply embedded in collaboration with product teams (product designers, product managers, developers).
- Accustomed to creating style guides, standards and content guidelines and working with a design system.
- Familiar with the requirements and processes for complying with current and future accessibility guidelines as documented in WCAG and beyond. Engage with stakeholders to implement and advocate for accessibility best practices.
- Ability to define and implement improvements to our UX content operations and processes within the broader product development lifecycle.
- Willingness to take ownership and drive our UX content practice to demonstrate value and work towards growth of this discipline within Benevity.
- Understanding of user-centred design practices and mindful of accessibility standards.
- Experience writing, editing and structuring language to respond to audience needs.
- Passionate about mentoring and guiding others.
Discover your purpose at work
If you’re at a point in your career where you want your work to truly matter, and you get excited about growing leaders and business, Benevity is the place for you. As one of the fastest-growing technology companies in North America, we help iconic brands and their people do more good in the world.
We are the market leader in our space and have a 99% client retention rate — and it’s because of smart, inspiring leaders like you who bring us (and our clients) to the next level.
You’ll get that competitive salary, flexible health benefits, mental health support, a generous bonus program, stock options, a hybrid office/home work environment and so much more. Plus, Benevity’s very own MyGoodness program inspires our people to donate, volunteer and take action for the causes and issues they care about.
If you want meaning, purpose and growth, you belong at Benevity.
Join a company where DEIB isn’t a buzzword
The diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and passions of our people make it possible for us to keep innovating as the market leader in our space.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are part of Benevity’s DNA. You’ll see the impact of our massive investment in DEIB daily—from our Black Employee Network making space for us to have difficult conversations to our Pride events and the exceptional diversity on our leadership and tech teams.
We strive to build a strong culture of Belonging so that every Benevity-ite feels included and can thrive as their authentic selves — in a place where everyone has an equitable opportunity to shine!
If you want to feel seen, heard and celebrated, you belong at Benevity.
Something looks off?