Technical Project Manager
Benevity’s award-winning corporate purpose software empowers companies and their people to take social action on the issues and causes they care about. Through giving, volunteering, grantmaking and positive actions, we help 940+ clients (and counting!) build better cultures and engage their employees and customers to create greater social and business impact. We’re also one of the first B-Corps in Canada, meaning we’re as committed to purpose as we are to profits.
Benevity continues to scale and we require a special type of manager to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the engineering challenges we face. A Technical Program Manager is responsible for providing program planning and management for established initiatives within Benevity's Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC). Technical program Managers are top tier subject matter experts within Benevity regarding the programs they are leading. For example, technical program managers should have expertise in program management, Product Development Lifecycle (PDLC), Software as a Service (SaaS) and software build/deployment. Helpful but not required skills include awareness of relevant tech stacks, go-to-market concepts, and, application development. Perhaps you simply have the ambition to acquire the knowledge and skills required. Either way, we would love to hear from you.
What You Will Do
- Coordinate with stakeholders to manage, track and control program challenges and ensure timely delivery of initiatives using Asana and Atlassian as the system of record.
- Drive overall program execution, unblocking roadblocks, handling issues independently, and ensure transparent reporting of progress to leadership.
- Break the initiative down into executable units, appropriately scheduled to ensure optimized resource loading across the team, and on time delivery of commitments.
- Drive alignment across the team on topics such as architectural direction, key performance indicators, timelines, and more through the life of the product.
- Build positive relationships, and trust, over time through on-time delivery of commitments, high levels of quality, great communication, continuous innovation, and by exceeding expectations.
- Develop scalable tools, processes, and services to optimize performance, while improving execution velocity and efficiency.
- Bring order and identify what needs to get done in an ambiguous, fluid environment.
- Exercise technical judgment to keep goals for programs and products attainable within a given timeline by ensuring trade offs in scope, capacity, and priority are transparent and aligned.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in related field (CS, Engineering, Humanities, etc) or equivalent practical experience.
- Advanced English level and a strong ability to communicate.
Three of the following Five:
- 2-5 years' experience in program Management.
- 2-5 years' experience in SaaS systems administration, programming, or supporting large-scale systems.
- 2-5 years' experience working with code, SDLC, PDLC, and/or application development.
- 2-5 years' experience with Agile (Scrum, kanban, etc).
- 2-5 years' experience leading cross-functional and/or multidisciplinary teams
- Experience with the design and architecture of Software as a Service systems.
- Experience decomposing a body of work into well-sequenced executable units where the dependencies are identified and well-managed.
- Ability to take initiative, adapt quickly to changing priorities, and work with a high sense of urgency with high attention to detail. Ability to interact with technical and non-technical teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, facilitation, and communication skills. Effective problem solving skills.
- This role will be working within an international company across multiple time zones. You should have experience sharing information and gaining alignment utilizing a-synchronous methods.
Discover your purpose at work
If you’re a passionate problem solver and want to put your skills to use helping the world’s coolest companies do more good in the world, Benevity is the place for you. You’ll be part of a team with a 99% client retention rate — the highest in the SaaS space — so you can learn and grow with the best.
You’ll get that competitive salary, flexible health benefits, mental health support, a generous bonus program, stock options, a hybrid office/home work environment and so much more. Plus, Benevity’s very own MyGoodness program inspires our people to donate, volunteer and take action for the causes and issues they care about.
If you want meaning, purpose and growth, you belong at Benevity.
Join a company where DEIB isn’t a buzzword
The diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and passions of our people make it possible for us to keep innovating as the market leader in our space.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are part of Benevity’s DNA. You’ll see the impact of our massive investment in DEIB daily—from our Black Employee Network making space for us to have difficult conversations to our Pride events and the exceptional diversity on our leadership and tech teams.
We strive to build a strong culture of Belonging so that every Benevity-ite feels included and can thrive as their authentic selves — in a place where everyone has an equitable opportunity to shine!
If you want to feel seen, heard and celebrated, you belong at Benevity.
Something looks off?