Staff Developer/Tech Lead
Benevity’s award-winning corporate purpose software empowers companies and their people to take social action on the issues and causes they care about. Through giving, volunteering, grant-making and positive actions, we help 940+ clients (and counting!) build better cultures and engage their employees and customers to create greater social and business impact. We’re also one of the first B-Corps in Canada, meaning we’re as committed to purpose as we are to profits.
Benevity is the global leader in online workplace giving, donation matching, volunteering, and community investment software, and we are seeking a talented Senior Software Architect to join our growing technology team. This role will report to the Software Development Managers and will not have direct reports.
What you'll do:
You will own the technical vision and decisions on how the product is built, deployed, and operated in production. Specifically, you will be the go-to person within your empowered team for consultation on design, work being contemplated or built as part of the product roadmap. You will collaborate with subject matter experts, Staff Developers, architects, and other product teams to make incremental progress, and to help come up with a path to move your products and teams there.
You will have exposure to a broad set of challenging technical and business problems to accelerate your career growth. Benevity’s engineering teams are focused on the hardest, most interesting aspects of delivering high quality software to global clients. As someone who wants to learn and grow as a leading engineer, having access to all Benevity's products, teams, and platforms, along with the vast compute infrastructure, provides a unique opportunity.
What you'll bring:
- 8+ years of full software development lifecycle experience and still have a curiosity and are malleability to learn new things (we are not tied to just one tech stack at Benevity)
- A commitment to leaving code/processes/people better than when you got there
- Excitement and willingness to learn and become a subject matter expert within your product area
- Demonstrable experience designing, building, and deploying performant, scalable, highly available and distributed systems
- A proficiency in cloud-based architecture and automated release pipelines
- An API-first approach expertise with loosely coupled systems, and domain driven design
- An openness to get fast feedback and be on board with trunk-based development, behaviour-driven development, and understanding how users use what you have built
- An attitude and pride in quality code and have multiple approaches towards testing
- Experience in improving and refactoring legacy code and optimizing existing systems
- A track record of mentoring and leading developers and helping them develop their technical skills and the belief that everyone has something to learn and teach
- You subscribe to the idea that companies should be socially responsible.
Change the World Through Technology
If you want to use your skills, voice and vision to create and improve products for the world’s coolest companies, Benevity is the place for you. You’ll be part of a tech transformation at a high-growth company that is changing the way businesses and people do good in the world.
You’ll get that competitive salary, flexible health benefits, mental health support, a generous bonus program, stock options, a hybrid office/home work environment and so much more. Plus, Benevity’s very own MyGoodness program inspires our people to donate, volunteer and take action for the causes and issues they care about.
If you want to play an integral role in a tech transformation, you belong at Benevity.
Join a company where DEIB isn’t a buzzword
The diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and passions of our people make it possible for us to keep innovating as the market leader in our space.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are part of Benevity’s DNA. You’ll see the impact of our massive investment in DEIB daily—from our Black Employee Network making space for us to have difficult conversations to our Pride events and the exceptional diversity on our leadership and tech teams.
We strive to build a strong culture of Belonging so that every Benevity-ite feels included and can thrive as their authentic selves — in a place where everyone has an equitable opportunity to shine!
If you want to feel seen, heard and celebrated, you belong at Benevity.
Something looks off?