Media and Communications Manager - 12 Month Term
Benevity’s award-winning corporate purpose software empowers companies and their people to take social action on the issues and causes they care about. Through giving, volunteering, grantmaking and positive actions, we help 940+ clients (and counting!) build better cultures and engage their employees and customers to create greater social and business impact. We’re also one of the first B-Corps in Canada, meaning we’re as committed to purpose as we are to profits.
We are seeking a Media and Communications Manager to build and execute robust and effective mainstream and trade media plans that boost global awareness of the Benevity brand, elevate our profile as a category leader in corporate purpose and position our executives as industry thought leaders. As part of the Content Marketing and Communications team, the Media and Communications Manager will contribute to driving Benevity’s thought leadership, while working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. If you love developing innovative media strategies, driving executive communications and delivering insightful narratives that result in solid media coverage, speaking engagements, awards and accolades, we want to hear from you.
Please note: this is a 12 month term opportunity.
What you'll do:
- Work with the Director, Content Marketing and Communications to build and execute a robust media plan and foster relationships with key media in this space.
- Work collaboratively with our PR agency to oversee, manage and inform Benevity’s PR calendar and planning to ensure there is a solid drumbeat of stories in the industry to support Benevity’s overall narrative.
- Develop compelling PR narratives by leveraging insights curated from Benevity’s proprietary data and research as well as client and nonprofit stories.
- Write and develop bylines, press releases, pitches, emails, briefing sheets and written interview responses.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to create PR strategies to promote new partnerships and product launches and create collaborative PR opportunities with clients and partners.
- Drive executive thought leadership and profile building, including:
- Preparing executives for speaking engagements and media interviews
- Strategic vetting / decision-making for speaking requests
- Executive bylines and executive LinkedIn profile building
- Manage submissions for executive speaking opportunities and industry award opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with PR agency to prepare monthly and quarterly media reports to illustrate Benevity’s media and brand performance.
- Manage external and reputational crisis communications.
What you will bring:
- University degree in journalism, communications or equivalent experience
- At least 7 years of PR/media relations and executive communications experience
- Proven success in PR agency management, as well as building and executing effective PR plans that deliver mainstream and trade media coverage and boost awareness
- Expert level writing skills, including a proven record of delivering successful bylines, press releases, pitches and interview responses
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work with cross-functional teams and influence others
- Relationship building skills for effective media relationships, and the ability to form lasting partnerships with vendors and partners
- A growth mindset, strong business acumen and ability to use strategic thinking to navigate new opportunities, assess impact vs. effort, and deliver impact
- Critical thinking and the ability to independently solve problems related to your role and projects
- Experience using PR and social media tools and analytics platforms (e.g. Cision, Meltwater, newswires, Sprout Social, Google Analytics, etc.)
What you can expect:
- An environment in which constant learning is the norm
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment for a dynamic, successful tech company
- To join a team of innovative thinkers as part of a rapidly growing company that is all about helping businesses create corporate and workplace giving and volunteering programs
- To connect with a passionate group in an open, collaborative and fun environment
Discover your purpose at work
If you’re at a point in your career where you want your work to truly matter, and you get excited about growing leaders and business, Benevity is the place for you. As one of the fastest-growing technology companies in North America, we help iconic brands and their people do more good in the world.
We are the market leader in our space and have a 99% client retention rate — and it’s because of smart, inspiring leaders like you who bring us (and our clients) to the next level.
You’ll get that competitive salary, flexible health benefits, mental health support, a generous bonus program, stock options, a hybrid office/home work environment and so much more. Plus, Benevity’s very own MyGoodness program inspires our people to donate, volunteer and take action for the causes and issues they care about.
If you want meaning, purpose and growth, you belong at Benevity.
Join a company where DEIB isn’t a buzzword
The diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and passions of our people make it possible for us to keep innovating as the market leader in our space.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are part of Benevity’s DNA. You’ll see the impact of our massive investment in DEIB daily—from our Black Employee Network making space for us to have difficult conversations to our Pride events and the exceptional diversity on our leadership and tech teams.
We strive to build a strong culture of Belonging so that every Benevity-ite feels included and can thrive as their authentic selves — in a place where everyone has an equitable opportunity to shine!
If you want to feel seen, heard and celebrated, you belong at Benevity.
Something looks off?