Senior Software Security Engineer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2023
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer to join our growing Security team! You will report to the Engineering Manager for Security. You will ensure BenchSci's services are implemented to the highest security standards. You will also analyze the security of cloud infrastructure and services, discover and address security issues, build security automation, and quickly react to new threat scenarios. Importantly, you will take the lead on all security-related matters and help us ensure all client data is kept confidential.
- Perform cloud security reviews
- Drive outcomes with stakeholders to improve our cloud security posture
- Create cloud security guidance and best practices documentation
- Champion security at BenchSci
- Maintain and improve the GDPR and SOC2 security compliance tracking and remediation efforts.
- Triage and drive resolutions for security vulnerabilities in our GCP infrastructure
- Lead security engagements like third-party penetration tests and tabletop exercises
- Uncover infrastructure and application-level vulnerabilities as part of internal audits
- Conduct system design reviews and guide engineers in building security into our architecture
- 4+ years working as a software engineer with at least two years of experience in security
- Experience working with GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience configuring and maintaining cloud
- Identity and Access Management policies
- Experience in dealing with internal/external security audits and penetration tests
- Experience with any combination of the following: threat modeling experience, secure coding and SDLC practices, OWASP Top 10 application security risks, and network security
- An understanding of network and web-related protocols (such as TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, and routing protocols)
- An understanding of web services and an ability to reason the application code that drives them
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or Config Connector
- Knowledge of industry security frameworks like the CIS Benchmarks or OWASP ASVS
- A background in security and compliance audits such as GDPR and SOC2
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
A robust vacation policy plus an additional vacation day every year
Company closures for 14 more days throughout the year
Flex time for sick days, personal days, and religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits.
Annual learning & development budget
A one-time home office set-up budget to use upon joining BenchSci
An annual lifestyle spending account allowance
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
The ability to save for your retirement coupled with a company match!
BenchSci's mission is to exponentially increase the speed and quality of life-saving research and development. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world's most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by Generation Investment Management, TCV, Inovia, F-Prime, Golden Ventures, and Google's AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We're a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they're the organization's beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other's differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We're committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
Accessibility Accommodations: Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.