Senior Software Engineer - Quality Automation Engineer in Test (Remote)
Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
We are looking for a Senior Software Quality Engineer to join our growing Web Application team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, Software Quality you will drive quality within the team by applying your expert software engineering skills to building automated tests, tools, and infrastructure with the goal of increasing the quality of our product and the data that is the output of our AI pipelines.
BenchSci is a remote-first organization. At this moment, we are welcoming applicants from Canada, for this position.
- Play an instrumental role in establishing and maintaining our end-to-end automated testing framework and ensure its integration into our CI pipeline.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate and improve existing infrastructure and tooling and create test plans.
- Drive and advocate for standards and procedures across our engineering team during sprint planning, architecture designs, and release management to improve overall code quality and release confidence.
- Perform and document risk analysis.
- Form processes around non-conformance events.
- Build data warehouse and Business Intelligence reports on automated regression activities for non-engineering staff.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience on a development team.
- 3+ years of automation test engineering experience on a development team.
- Experience with testing tools such as Testrails or Cucumber.
- Solid experience with data testing for our SQL and Python API functionality.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- A desire to work as a team player and see teammates succeed together.
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
*Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Moving to local currency allotments in the future.
BenchSci's mission is to exponentially increase the speed and quality of life-saving research and development. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world's most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by Generation Investment Management, TCV, Inovia, F-Prime, Golden Ventures, and Google's AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We're a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they're the organization's beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other's differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We're committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.