Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Computer Vision (Remote)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer - Computer Vision to join our growing ML team. You will work on challenging computer vision problems to have an impact on the 31,000+ life scientists across the world who rely on BenchSci for their research. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, ML, you'll apply your domain expertise to select, train and deploy the best-suited machine learning algorithms, collaborate and experiment with scientists, and apply techniques to build solutions to shape the future of scientific discovery. You will have plenty of room for technical innovation and greenfield to explore and propose computer vision solutions to a complex area.
- Improve the performance and scalability of ML models and pipelines that are at the core of BenchSci's products
- Work on different stages of the problem from prototyping to production
- Contribute to key components across the machine learning ecosystem defining BenchSci's ML Technical Roadmap
- Investigate what technologies that will best enable BenchSci to identify experimental insights through proof-of-concepts
- Work with diverse teams to correctly capture the nuances of biology, translating them into ML objectives
- Advocate for code and engineering process improvements across your team, and help define best practices
- Participate in sprint planning, estimations, and reviews
- Work with teammates to ensure high-quality deliverables
- 3+ years of experience working as a professional developer, with at least 2 years of this focused on machine learning and computer vision
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other related disciplines
- Excellent software engineering skills in Python
- Comprehensive knowledge in the end-to-end machine learning lifecycle, including the nuances of the infrastructure and operationsExperience with ML and/or Computer Vision fundamentals
- Experience productionizing ML models Experience with PyTorch, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, and image processing libraries such as OpenCV and Scikit-image
- Experience with distributed and cloud-based data processing frameworks such as Apache Spark or Apache Beam
- A constant desire to develop
- A team player who strives to see teammates succeed together
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
*Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Moving to local currency allotments in the future.
BenchSci's mission is to exponentially increase the speed and quality of life-saving research and development. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world's most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by Generation Investment Management, TCV, Inovia, F-Prime, Golden Ventures, and Google's AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We're a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they're the organization's beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other's differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We're committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
See more open positions at BenchSci
Something looks off?