Lead Development Representative
What’s Bench? Visit Bench's latest news to see what's happening, and read what our customers have to say. You can also check us out in Medium, on our LinkedIn page, our Instagram, and our Life at Bench Blog.
We acknowledge that Bench is founded on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
What does the Retro Sales Team look like?
Are you passionate about providing an excellent client experience and love problem solving? Do you enjoy challenging how we currently do things and experimenting with what can be done better? Being a member of the Retro Sales team is a unique experience with rewarding challenges, which calls for exceptional team members!
Our team is laser focused on client experience and ensuring clients are set up for success for their time with Retro as well as long-term with Bench. You’ll be a key part in bringing on new large scope catch up clients, collaborating on new initiatives, as well as directly contributing to Bench’s profitability goals through your impact in this start up within a start up.
What you’ll get up to:
- You’ll be primarily responsible for calling leads to book appointments into Account Executive calendars. This will include some level of objection handling.
- Manage an ongoing pipeline of leads and client requests through phone calls, emails, texts, and more.
- Voice your opinions and problem solve for solutions, whether that’s to a peer or any leader at Bench, and you welcome feedback from others - You believe that feedback is the cornerstone to being our best selves!
- Contribute to designing and improving processes and materials.
- Grow your tech skills by managing your client workflows using software tools like SalesForce, SalesLoft, RingCentral, Google Sheets, and the Bench App.
- Help identify opportunities for growth & innovation!
What you'll need:
- Have an articulate phone and written presence that's confident, yet personable. You’re excited about being the first face of a client’s experience with Bench, and the responsibility that comes with it.
- You’re comfortable making numerous calls each day, with many different personalities in a variety of conversations.
- Embrace feedback with arms wide open and action it to further your success
- You lead with empathy when having unique/challenging conversations with clients.
- Be a talented multitasker: holding conversations, taking detailed notes over the phone, and accessing time sensitive information.
- Love experimenting, trying new things, and driving improvement within your own team, or across the wider organization. You’re not satisfied with “good enough”.
- Be a resilient, strong individual performer who is energized by meeting individual and team targets and contributing to the team’s success.
- A self-starter attitude. You’re someone who is comfortable taking action where there won’t always be clarity - You have good judgment and always push things forward.
It could be an even better fit if you have:
- Bookkeeping & Tax knowledge - We work with both new and current clients of Bench to catch up, file, and untangle their situations so they can move in to or continue to be successful in our on-going services.
- Experience in a customer success, sales, or customer/client facing role.
- 1+ years experience in an outbound sales environment
What you’ll get:
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. We offer a competitive base salary ($45,520) fo.
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, paid flex days, stock options, and full health, dental, and vision.
- You’ll get access to Inkblot Therapy’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP) that offers counseling and support, for you and family members, as well as professional development coaching, financial advice, legal advice and much more.
- You will have the support of your manager, and the opportunity to learn and develop with a team of unconventional & diverse Benchmates, who are all working together to achieve the same mission.
- We have a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- If you live in the Vancouver lower mainland area, you have the opportunity to work at home and in our downtown office location, depending on your preference!
- For folks working fully remote, we will provide additional solutions to bring teams together for collaboration and connection.
- Whether you get to use the office or if you work remotely, you’ll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work from somewhere other than your home province for up to 90 days in a 12-month period.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. If you are selected for an interview and require support during the process, including disability accommodation, we'll give you the opportunity to tell us when we contact you.