Senior Manager, Analytics
What’s Bench? Visit Bench's latest news to see what's happening, and read what our customers have to say. You can also check us out in Medium, on our LinkedIn page, our Instagram, and our Life at Bench Blog.
We acknowledge that Bench is founded on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
About the Role
The Data and Analytics team is composed of Data Analysts and Analytics Engineers who support all functions across Bench. This team plays a critical role in determining revenue and service delivery strategies, developing systems design in partnership with engineering teams, and building instrumentation for efficient business activities. As a manager, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of data analysts and working with senior leadership across the business to define Data’s role in achieving company objectives.
In this role, you’re laser focused on how Bench can maximize value out of our data. You’ll be first and foremost a people leader that deeply understands how to build teams that adopt best practices in data analysis, visualization, and solving business problems. However, you’ll also be a strategic leader who works closely with other departments like Strategy & Operations, Business Systems, Product and Engineering, and other business functions to design how the data analytics team can best deliver outcomes to achieve long term scalable success across Bench.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Grow a successful analytics function including hiring, coaching, and developing a team of data analysts; creating an environment where they can successfully increase the effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of analytical insights across the organization.
- Lead the strategic vision and project roadmap related to delivering valuable insights to the business
- Work with senior leaders and Strategy & Operations to identify and prioritize strategic initiatives and projects
- Diagnose business problems and work cross-functionally to identify Data’s role in creating scalable solutions
- Collaborate closely with business systems and product engineering teams to define new data models and architecture
- Evaluate new data sources, tools, and processes to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the data analytics team
- Work closely with Data leadership to develop future iterations of the Data department that better serve the needs of the business
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience working as an Analyst on a Data Analytics Team, within Business Operations, or something similar
- 3-5 years of management experience - you are able to lead and motivate others with your passion for growth, and innate ability to understand others! You are able to set clear expectations, provide constructive feedback, and inspire your team and those around you to achieve great things.
- First-principles problem solving - You’re obsessed with the big picture. You understand that everything is part of a larger system and that everything within that system is interrelated. You analyze problems from a business and data perspective but understand how to effect change across upstream and downstream spaces beyond analytics solutions.
- Strong communication skills and experience translating data concepts and objectives to senior leadership and other collaborators/customers
It could be an even better fit if you have:
- Proficient in SQL and one or more programming languages
- Experience with Redshift or other data warehouses
- Experience working as an Analyst at a top tier strategy consulting company
- Familiar with ETL principles and the analytics technology stack such as: Tableau or similar visualization tools, and DBT or similar data development tools
What you'll get:
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The salary range for this role is $121,100 - $151,400 per year, depending on experience
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, paid flex days, stock options, and full health, dental, and vision.
- You’ll get access to Inkblot Therapy’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP) that offers counseling and support, for you and family members, as well as professional development coaching, financial advice, legal advice and much more.
- Bench has a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- If you live in BC’s Lower Mainland, you have the opportunity to work at home and in our downtown office location, depending on your preference! For some roles, we do require folks to be in the office regularly. We’ll be sure to outline expectations during the interview process.
- For folks working fully remote, we will provide additional solutions to bring teams together for collaboration and connection.
- Whether you get to use the office or if you work remotely, you’ll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work from somewhere other than your home province for up to 3 months, within a 12 month period.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. If you are selected for an interview and require support during the process, including disability accommodation, we'll give you the opportunity to tell us when we contact you.
Something looks off?