Specialist, Total Rewards
We acknowledge that Bench is founded on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
What does the Total Rewards team look like?
The People team is one of the most critical functions in our business. We’re obsessed with creating incredible experiences for our Benchmates. We’re also serious about the development of our people and want Bench to be a place where you can catapult your career and make a real difference at the same time. As a People team, we’re committed to delivering and managing an exceptional employee experience from beginning to end. We are incessantly curious about how we can continue to move the needle and elevate the Benchmate experience. To do that, we hold ourselves accountable to high standards and commit to continuously improve.
Within the People Team, Total Rewards serves as a center of excellence and a strategic business partner to all our Bench teams, in our pursuit to attract, retain and motivate exceptional talent, by ensuring we have competitive pay and benefits offerings.
The Comp & Benefits Specialist is the face of our benefits program, is our plan administrator, and is the primary contact for Benchmates on all things Total Rewards. This Benchmate also plays a key role in compensation benchmarking, compensation data management and salary survey participation.
What you’ll get up to:
- Supporting the annual compensation review processes, participating in salary surveys and assisting in the benchmark design and management processes
- Maintaining compensation data integrity in our HRIS system as well as internal databases and dashboards
- Collecting and submitting information for audits
- Researching and analyzing compensation and benefits data to create meaningful inferences and reports, including assisting with pulling together reports and presentations for leadership meetings
- Supporting variable pay calculations
- Administering our benefits program, including enrolling and de-enrolling employees, and assisting with the delivery of our people-first benefits onboarding experience, including presenting benefits orientation sessions
- Collaborating closely with our People Operations team to ensure timely and accurate processing of benefits enrollments and claims, auditing our benefits invoices while managing and maintaining our employee data through our benefits portal
- Providing insights on benefit usage trends and collaborating with our Financial Planning team to align our business forecasting with your analysis of our benefit costs
- Enhancing Benchmate experience by promptly responding to Total Rewards service requests and participating in Total Reward projects
- Supporting process and policy documentation for Total Rewards as well as administering our Total Rewards Confluence space, including creating new pages, drafting content, and owning the organization of the Confluence space
What you’ll need:
- 1-3 years of compensation, benefits and/or Total Rewards experience
- Self-motivation and an ability to work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly numerical and analytical skills, with a passion for data
- High degree of skill and comfort in Google Sheets or Excel
- Creativity and curiosity, with a solutions-based mentality
- Respect for compliance and confidentiality
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to assess data and make recommendations
- Knowledge of local, provincial/state, and federal labour regulations
It could be an even better fit if you:
- Have experience in a Software as a Service (SaaS) business
- Have, or are working towards a compensation and/or benefits designation like Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS)
What you'll get:
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The salary range for this role is $54,400 - $68,000 per year, depending on experience.
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, paid flex days, stock options, and full health, dental, and vision.
- You’ll get access to Inkblot Therapy’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP) that offers counseling and support, for you and family members, as well as professional development coaching, financial advice, legal advice and much more.
- Bench has a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- If you live in BC’s Lower Mainland, you have the opportunity to work at home and in our downtown office location, depending on your preference! For some roles, we do require folks to be in the office regularly. We’ll be sure to outline expectations during the interview process.
- For folks working fully remote, we will provide additional solutions to bring teams together for collaboration and connection.
- Whether you get to use the office or if you work remotely, you’ll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work from somewhere other than your home province for up to 3 months per year.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. If you are selected for an interview and require support during the process, including disability accommodation, we'll give you the opportunity to tell us when we contact you.
Something looks off?