Senio Front End Engineer
This role is for a Principal/Senior Front End Software Engineer for our Web Application software development team.
We primarily use PHP, Typescript, and C#.NET for our front end and integrations to ERPs. In addition to our web-based application using the React / GraphQL framework, a critical component of our system is a desktop utility that synchronizes Windows-based customer data to our platform. We have extended our reach by developing an in-house React Native (iOS/Android) application to enable our customers mobile access to their data. Both our development and production environments are hosted ton AWS, and we embrace the DevOps mindset; we are continually moving toward true CI/CD.
● Collaborating on requirements specification in the form of user stories
● Designing, implementing, and testing technical solutions that meet the requirements
● Developing well-structured, maintainable code for web, mobile, and APIs
● Pairing with other developers on feature development, code reviews and bug fixing
● Collaborating with the team on evaluation and implementation of frameworks and tools to help with development and quality
● Working on an agile/scrum team to continuously improve process and behaviours through regular reflection and adaptation
Required Skills & Experience
● Extensive development experience using the React framework, using Typescript and CSS in complex web applications.
● Expertise with implementing design systems (we use MaterialUI)
● Expertise in building reusable components
● Ability to design and build frameworks to achieve strategic or company business needs
● Identify and implement design, code, and best practices to accelerate team velocity and improve quality
● Ability to lead/mentor less experienced front-end developers
● Ability to collaborate and develop architectural solutions with senior architects / engineers
● Experience working with
○ large, integrated systems with many external dependencies
○ web services and APIs (REST or GraphQL)
● Solid knowledge of software design patterns
● Working knowledge of Linux, Git, Docker
● Working knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
● Solid English verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present on technical topics
● Experience working with remote teams and/or different geographic locations
● A minimum of 5+ years working in web application development
At Quadient, everyone’s work matters and our team are encouraged to take complete ownership of their jobs. People who join Quadient are smart, driven, and keen to solve problems with a team of like-minded individuals. You are not satisfied by just meeting a target, but you strive to exceed it. We take time to celebrate our wins together because we succeed or fail as a team. Working together to achieve our goals is the way of our working life! We don’t claim to have all the answers, so all employees are empowered to challenge the status quo to best support the company vision.
If taking on these challenges and working with awesome people excites you, and you resonate with the values of ownership, team-based success, striving to exceed expectations and have the courage to challenge the status quo, then you will be a terrific fit for our R&D team!