Working Student, UX Content/German Language Localization
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
We’re looking for a Working Student UX Writer / Localization Specialist to join our team in Berlin. Our global product design team is growing, and we need someone passionate about words, communication, and making user experience with B2B technology the best it can be.
What you’ll be doing
- Translate and localize English user interface (UI) content elements into German according to our standards.
- Help build and maintain a terminology and taxonomy list of specific words in both German and English used in our web products.
- Help standardize word use across our products and platforms to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Help establish and cultivate guidelines for voice and tone for German to be used by product designers.
- Help build a broader localization program with machine translation to scale for integrating new products.
- Edit, test, and iterate on German translations from product designers and other stakeholders.
- Learn about user experience (UX) content and how to craft effective customer-facing messages, instructions, and naming.
- Work closely with product designers, UX researchers to discover how best to communicate with clients and users.
- Assist other UX content writers in managing translation and other duties as needed.
- Figure out the best word to describe features, tasks, and products in German. Perform research in support documentation, design standards, and current product to determine word choice.
- Work with product design tools like Figma to build a content library for product designers.
What you need to be successful
- A passion for language, communication, and writing with fluency in English and C2-level German.
- Experience in translation or localization is desired, but not required as we are also hoping you’re a fast learner.
- At least semester 3 in university, or in a graduate program ideally in web design, technical writing, or other technical subjects. If you are studying literature, humanities, or advanced English, we would ask for at least some experience in technology or a real interest in user experience.
- Willingness to work with different teams, collaborate, and work closely with designers and other writers.
- Curiosity, empathy for users of complex technology, an analytical mind, and a willingness to ask questions.
- Interest in localization and process improvement.
- Attention to detail teamed with the ability to write, edit, and communicate effectively.
- Experience in Product Design software like Figma, Adobe XD or Sketch is a huge plus
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer full time and flexible work-from-home options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
Something looks off?