Site Reliability Engineer
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
At Staffbase, we face the challenge of incredible growth and year after year, we are multiplying - not only in terms of headcount and customers, but also in terms of traffic and resource usage. Our growing customer base actively uses their respective employee experience apps on a daily basis. We build hundreds of these custom-branded apps, need to store tons of data and serve a magnitude of HTTP requests.
To achieve this, we rely on Kubernetes and other tools from the CNCF Landscape, such as Istio, Prometheus, FluxCD and Terraform. Together with our development teams, we operate a service-oriented architecture that communicates over REST, gRPC, and Kafka. Furthermore, we store data in multiple databases, including MongoDB, ClickHouse, Elasticsearch and PostgreSQL. In addition to that, we also work on our own tools and services, such as our observability platform, which we mostly develop with Go.
To be able to sustainably grow our infrastructure further, we are looking for a self-driven individual who is passionate about site reliability engineering and is committed to delivering high-quality services to our customers. You will play a key role in ensuring the reliability, availability, scalability and sustainability of our platform. If you are an empathetic team player who is motivated by growth and ownership, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing
- Design, implement and maintain the infrastructure and tools necessary for the reliable operation of our platform
- Monitor and analyze system performance to identify and resolve issues before they impact our customers
- Work collaboratively with development teams to deploy new features and services in a reliable and scalable manner
- Develop and maintain automated testing and deployment pipelines to ensure smooth and efficient deployments
- Continuously improve our systems and processes through monitoring, analysis and experimentation
What you need to be successful
- Sharing our passion to grow and nurture our infrastructure
- Familiarity with the concepts of Kubernetes
- Understanding of CI/CD systems
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills teamed with active listening skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional interpersonal skills when working with differing opinions
- Fluency in English
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer full time and flexible work-from-home options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
Something looks off?