Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist / Senior Debitorenbuchhalter
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
We would like to extend the Accounting & Controlling team within our Finance organization and are looking for someone who will take ownership of all accounts receivable related tasks, centralized for all European entities. The role requires that you can build strong relationships in and outside the company, move quickly, not be constrained by how things “used to be” and most importantly that you are ambitious, curious, and passionate about accounting!
What you'll be doing
- You will own and drive the entire order-to-cash cycle from a finance perspective
- You will have full ownership for operational customer accounting of several domestic and foreign entities from contract check up until payment receipt
- You will invoice customers based on their orders and closely monitor contracts in our ERP system
- You will interact with customers, partners and internal contacts
- You will record customer payments and take ownership for the dunning process
- You will support with reporting
- You will contribute to the month end closing process and ad hoc requests
- You will play a key role in driving the optimisation and documentation of internal processes and policies
What you need to be successful
- Strong language skills in German (C1) and English (B2) are a must
- Previous working experience in accounting and demonstrable expertise in accounting practices
- Good knowledge about general customer accounting principles
- Good knowledge about standard European VAT taxation rules
- Desire to work in a diverse and international team
- Ability to create strong relationships with customers and co-workers of other departments in the organization
- Workday Finance or Salesforce experience is a big plus
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer full time and flexible work-from-home options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
Something looks off?