Head of Content
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
Staffbase is looking for a Head of Content to lead and grow our global content team. Content has been the foundation behind much of our marketing success thus far and will play a pivotal role in reaching our next level of growth at Staffbase. If you are skilled at managing content workflows, have an interest in shaping the category of employee communications, and would like to make an impact in a fast-paced environment, we would love to hear from you!
This role can be based in Dresden, Chemnitz or Berlin.
What you’ll be doing
- Build Staffbase’s content strategy to support customer acquisition, retention, and expansion. Work closely with regional marketing leads, demand generation, design, product marketing, and regional sales teams to support the execution of the regional marketing strategy with world-class content.
- Lead and develop a global team with 5+ content marketers based out of Germany and Canada, covering English and German content creation and social media.
- Coach regional and product marketers on writing style for their own content and provide editorial support where needed.
- Prioritize content that is most relevant according to specific prospect and customer maturity, intent, and buyer needs. Ensure content meets high quality standards as well as tone & voice guidelines.
- Test and experiment with new content formats that aim to further our thought leadership position and grow our audience in the employee communications space via all forms of content, including blog posts, infographics, gated reports, video, etc.
- Develop and monitor an editorial content calendar that ensures a steady flow and high relevancy of new content, especially in Staffbase blog posts. Collaborate with other teams and support on any content-related topics e.g. topic development for event agendas.
- Grow our organic search visibility and recurring traffic by focusing on our most important target keywords, monitoring rankings and competition.
- Optimize content creation and distribution workflows internally, including translation workflows where necessary.
What you need to be successful
- Native-level English, German language skills a big plus
- You have run and / or built a multi-language content team delivering content targeted at enterprise customers
- B2B experience and / or experience having worked in a scale-up environment are beneficial
- SEO-minded, data-driven, and analytical. Experience with SEO tools such as Semrush is a big plus
- Excellent editorial and storytelling skills
- Process-minded, excellent planning and communication skills
- Creative, fast-learning and empathetic
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills, especially when it comes to content distribution
- Interest in the topic of employee communications (internal and corporate communications) and developing yourself and the content team to be thought leaders in this space
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer full time and flexible work-from-home options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
Something looks off?