Global Head of Procurement
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
Staffbase is looking for our next Head of Procurement (HoP) who will design and drive our global procurement strategy and practice across Europe, the Americas, and ANZ.
- Global experience in shaping up and executing world-class procurement, sourcing, and supplier management strategies across North America, Europe, and APAC.
- Significant experience designing, establishing, transforming, and managing procurement and supplier management functions, owning complex partner relationships, and delivering commercial value across direct, indirect and capital expenditure.
- Strong procurement and commercial experience in engaging with Technology vendors in cloud (SaaS), storage, hosting, managed services, infrastructure and security.
- Successfully integrated multiple companies towards achieving common goals, deriving synergies and delivering cost reduction through supplier rationalisation.
- Consistently delivered EBITDA goals by achieving enterprise wide cost reduction deploying strategic sourcing, category management, operating model, functional reorganisation, technology, outsourcing and complex negotiations
This is a permanent, full-time (40 hours per week) position reporting directly into our Chief Financial Officer
What you’ll be doing
- Develop a procurement strategy. The HoP will produce strategic sourcing plans working closely with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to increase value from our spending and reduce overall costs; evaluate and help select vendors; ensure excellent supplier performance; oversee and participate in large contract negotiations; guarantee the highest level of ethics in every transaction; and ensure procurement policies and procedures meet internal and external compliance requirement around diversity initiatives, social responsibility goals, and other such programs.
- Ensure products and services are delivered promptly. The HoP is responsible for guaranteeing diversity of suppliers in terms of numbers and ensuring that supplies continue if a first-choice provider is unable to deliver the needed goods or services.
- Manage Vendor relationships. The HoP should have great commercial and communication skills so they can build and maintain long-term, fruitful relationships with Vendors.
- Manage procurement projects and cross functional teams. The HoP must lead and manage end-to-end procurement projects (including integration of acquisitions). They must collaborate with cross functional teams to optimise workload and workflows.
- Follow compliance and regulations. The HoP must be well-versed in European and North American regulations and compliance, as well as the various laws and requirements governing the procurement process.
What you need to be successful
- 12+ years of experience directly managing or supporting a procurement strategy within an SMB/Enterprise organization
- CIPS qualified (Diploma level minimum), ideally MCIPS
- Experience of setting up a procurement function from scratch
- Strong background in negotiating complex, high value international commercial deals
- Strong knowledge of technology-focused suppliers (Workday, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, etc.)
- Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development and compliance
- Strong communication skills
- Strategic mind-set and problem-solving skills with the creativity to seek, encourage and find non-traditional approaches to procurement challenges
- Experience with modern sourcing and procurement systems
- Outstanding leadership and collaboration skills
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer full time and flexible work-from-home options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
Something looks off?