At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
We would like to extend our Finance organization and are looking for someone who wants to start as Corporate Secretary. You will report to the SVP & General Counsel and be part of a team of 4 lawyers and a trainee lawyer.
What you’ll be doing
- Support our SVP & General Counsel on the task of main company board, committee and subsidiary company board governance
- Assist with all board meetings, committee meetings and preparing minutes
- Assist with all company filings including managing the shareholder register, the shareholder documentation and director briefing materials
- Manage a portfolio of global entities ensuring best practice of governance
- Assist with expanding into new countries and also rationalise entities as required
- Assist in the production of the annual report
- Respond to our majority shareholder enquiries
- Support the legal team on corporate transactions
What you need to be successful
- Solid academic background
- Experience as a company secretary for a minimum of 3 years
- Knowledge in company law (German jurisdiction is a plus) and governance and be able to show self sufficiency
- A commercial frame of mind
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with your team and people at all levels
- Ability to work independently, on own initiative to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and a well-organised, analytic approach to work
- A diplomatic approach and the confidence to provide support to the chairman, shareholder, board members and the leadership team
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
- A sound grasp of corporate governance issues
- Fluent in English (German is a big plus)
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer full time and flexible work-from-home options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
Something looks off?