Tax Advisory Accountant
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
Do you have experience as an accountant at a Tax Advisory Office and would now like to use it in a larger company? Are you highly motivated and would like to work in a modern company where accounting is still fun? Then you are at the right place with us.
We are looking for reinforcements and additional experience for our team.
As an Accountant, you will support us with various accounting tasks and gain valuable practical experience in an exciting working environment. Our group has grown significantly at home and abroad in recent years and is supported by our central accounting department in Chemnitz. The position is also located at our headquarters in Chemnitz and we offer all our employees to work partially from home.
What you’ll be doing
- Preparation of postings in the general ledger and sub ledgers
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and group transactions
- Preparation of VAT returns at home and abroad
- Support in the preparation of annual tax returns and in fulfilling legal reporting obligations
- Participation in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements, including support with accruals, corrections and reconciliations
- Opportunity to collaborate with colleagues in the foreign / English-speaking subsidiaries
- Collaborate with accounts payable and receivable teams, including invoice processing, payment processing and collections
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to capture financial data and ensure its accuracy and completeness
- Participate in the introduction and improvement of accounting systems and processes
What you need to be successful
- Successfully completed training as a Tax Advisory Accountant or comparable
- At least 3 years of professional experience
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles and practices
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong sense of detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Effective communication skills in written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a team and willingness to learn
- Relevant internships, courses or certifications in the field of accounting are an advantage
What you'll get
- Competitive Compensation - we offer attractive salary packages including an Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Flexibility - we offer flexible working time models and the option of hybrid work, and support this with a yearly flex work allowance of €1560.
- Growth Budget - all employees get a yearly budget for external training of €1000, and one day off for growth per year (increase to two days in 2nd year).
- Wellbeing - in addition to our yearly vacation of 30 days, we’re running a 4-day-work week every year in August with full payment.
- Support - we’re offering a company pension scheme.
- Sports & Health - join our sport courses in the offices or lease a bike with Staffbase. The offices are equipped with fruits, drinks and snacks.
- Team Building - Regular team and office events including the yearly Staffbase Camp.
- Volunteers Day - you’ll get one day off per year for supporting a social project. We will donate a small amount for that project in addition.
- Employee Referral Program - one of your friends is a fit to one of our full-time openings? Refer them and get a referral bonus paid.
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
We offer different working time models and hybrid work set ups, to get the best office and working-from-home experience at once.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.