Product Manager - Employee Engagement
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our product group helping companies and communicators to reach employees with internal communication. This is an exciting opportunity to be in the driver seat of a product domain that is the home of 1000s of employee communication professionals - where user experience is key to our success. As we are leading and growing the employee communications space, you and your team will have the chance to make a significant impact on reach, efficiency, and collaboration in terms of employee communications. You will build products our customers need and want, to truly make an impact on their communication that reaches and engages all employees. To date we serve more than 2000 of the largest organizations, reaching millions of employees across the globe.
An outstanding team of passionate, curious and customer value driven product managers is critical to the success of our company, as well as the companies of our customers.
This role will report directly to one of our Group Product Managers.
This position can be associated with one of our German offices. If this sounds like a good fit for you, skim the rest and apply now to join our outstanding team.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing a deep understanding of the employee communication domain and the processes when sharing content with the audience. Then spreading and using that knowledge to discover new product opportunities for your domaine
- You will partner with product research, data, sales and product design to identify, evaluate and communicate customer insights and pain points
- Collaborate closely within a cross-functional scrum team on product discovery and delivery. You will continuously identify relevant problems and enable your team to solve them in an impactful and sustainable way
- Together with your team of designers and engineers, you will lead the effort of scoping, prioritizing and managing the roadmap and backlog for your product area considering market and customer feedback. Evangelizing your domain narrative and aligning your efforts with the overarching company strategy
- Collaborating with product marketing and customer facing teams, you will create launch plans and packaging while pushing for strong awareness of customers and our organization
- Together with your team, you will identify, define and iterate on the overarching customer experience for your area and will be making sure this is aligned and understood by other teams
- You monitor and understand the usage of your product, ensuring your product is hitting the right metrics and is being adopted by customers and users
- You will be a driving force in ensuring that Staffbase has the ability to deliver high-quality content to employees by providing the best-in-class internal communication experience
What you need to be successful
- 2+ years of experience in the SaaS B2B segment and a proven track-record of launching products from ideation to production and market launch
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the tools and methods of product discovery and product delivery
- Demonstrated experience in working in an agile environment
- Previous experience with Email products is a plus
- You think big and small. Having built a portfolio of small experiments and large features, you are as comfortable whiteboarding a completely new experience as you are with optimizing existing features and flows
- You are a strong collaborator and can engage with engineers, designers, data scientists, company leaders or other stakeholders
- You understand the usage of data and metrics, the industry trends and competitive environment as well as customer needs to clearly define the impact future products will have in your key area
- Excellent communication skills
What you'll get
- Competitive Compensation - we offer attractive salary packages including an Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Flexibility - we offer flexible working time models and the option of hybrid work, and support this with a yearly flex work allowance of €1560.
- Growth Budget - all employees get a yearly budget for external training of €1000, and one day off for growth per year (increase to two days in 2nd year).
- Wellbeing - in addition to our yearly vacation of 30 days, we’re running a 4-day-work week every year in August with full payment.
- Support - we’re offering a company pension scheme.
- Sports & Health - join our sport courses in the offices or lease a bike with Staffbase. The offices are equipped with fruits, drinks and snacks.
- Team Building - Regular team and office events including the yearly Staffbase Camp.
- Volunteers Day - you’ll get one day off per year for supporting a social project. We will donate a small amount for that project in addition.
- Employee Referral Program - one of your friends is a fit to one of our full-time openings? Refer them and get a referral bonus paid.
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
We offer different working time models and hybrid work set ups, to get the best office and working-from-home experience at once.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.