At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and experienced Payroll Specialist to oversee payroll operations across multiple entities in the North America region. This role involves collaborating with a payroll service provider to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll for our US and Canadian subsidiaries. The ideal candidate should possess strong knowledge of payroll processes, be adept at managing payroll regulations, and have excellent communication skills to liaise effectively with our employees, the service provider and Professional Employer Organisation (PEO).
What you’ll be doing
- Payroll Processing:
- Administer end-to-end payroll processing for employees, ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Verify timekeeping records and resolve discrepancies.
- Process payroll adjustments, bonuses, and other special payments.
- Be the first point of contact to the external global payroll providers
- Compliance and Reporting:
- Stay updated on local, state, and federal payroll tax regulations and ensure compliance.
- Generate payroll reports for management and finance, providing insights into payroll expenses.
- Comply with GDPR regulations and maintain payroll security/confidentiality
- Data Management:
- Maintain accurate employee records, including salary adjustments, promotions, and terminations.
- Collaborate with HR to ensure employee data integrity.
- Communication and Support:
- Address employee inquiries related to payroll in a timely and professional manner.
- Collaborate with HR and other departments to address payroll-related issues.
- Provide support to Finance with reporting and audit queries
- Process Improvement:
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiency in the payroll process.
- Participate in system enhancements and upgrades related to payroll.
- Keep payroll policies up to date and write any new procedures as required
- Disbursement Management
- Support expense report & vendor invoice mgmt
What you need to be successful
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred - payroll designation would be a plus.
- Proven experience as a Payroll Specialist or in a similar role.
- Strong understanding of payroll regulations and compliance in the US and Canada.
- Proficient in payroll software and MS Office, especially Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
What you'll get
- Competitive Compensation - we offer attractive salary packages including an Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Flexibility - we offer flexible working time models and the option of hybrid work, and support this with a yearly flex work allowance of $1608.
- Growth Budget - all employees get a yearly budget for external training of $1200.
- Wellbeing - in addition to 24 days PTO and 10 wellness days, we’re running a 4-day-work week every year in August.
- Support - we’re offering a 401(k) plan and health plans, including dental & vision. Parents can get 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Team Building - Regular team and office events including the yearly Staffbase Camp
- Volunteer Day - you’ll get one day off per year for supporting a social project. We will donate a small amount for that project in addition.
- Employee Referral Program - one of your friends is a fit to one of our full-time openings? Refer them and get a referral bonus paid.
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
We offer different working time models and hybrid work set ups, to get the best office and working-from-home experience at once.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.