Senior Finance Manager, Global Record to Report
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
Our rapidly expanding company, operating across diverse global territories, seeks an adept Senior Finance Manager to join our esteemed Finance Center of Operations in Chemnitz, Germany. The Record to Report (RTR) team, known for their commitment to excellence, innovation, and continuous improvement, requires a seasoned professional to lead this important function. We are looking for a candidate who possesses exceptional leadership skills, a robust financial process background, and a proven track record of driving operational efficiencies within international business context.
This is a permanent, full-time position (40 hours per week) reporting directly to our Group Financial Controller in Chemnitz.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee and manage the global Record to Report (RTR) function, establishing scalable standards for seamless financial processes across multiple international legal entities.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, utilizing a consultative approach to tackle complex financial challenges with agility and strategic insight.
- Lead the transition to a controls-based audit framework and initiatives for a faster, more accurate month-end close within a stringent four-day window.
- Ensure precision and compliance in financial reporting, adhering to the highest standards across all internal and external reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with the Finance Transformation team as the primary owner for RTR accounting system requirements, prioritizing key deliverables.
- Mentor and lead a diverse team of finance professionals, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and innovation within the broader Finance organization (e.g. Order To Cash, FP&A, Tax & Treasury)
- Serve as a trusted advisor to internal and external stakeholders, offering valuable insights and guidance on RTR accounting matters.
- Manage the seamless integration of RTR accounting processes for new acquisitions, ensuring alignment with existing systems and policies.
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; preference for ACCA, CIMA, CPA, MBA, or relevant advanced degrees.
- Minimum of 7 years of RTR management experience, preferably in global business environments encompassing international legal entities.
- Demonstrated leadership (3+ years) and people management skills, inspiring teams to achieve ambitious goals.
- A resilient mindset and a track record of overcoming system and process challenges, particularly in transitioning to controls-based audits and achieving faster, more accurate month-end closures.
- Strong proficiency in financial reporting (IFRS), compliance, and a demonstrated commitment to driving continuous process improvements.
- Exceptional English communication skills, enabling effective collaboration in a global setting.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, changing priorities, and multiple deadlines.
- Hands-on experience with ERP systems (e.g., Workday, MSDynamics, NetSuite, SAP).
Join our team and become an integral part of a forward-thinking, global organization committed to excellence, innovation, and continuous growth. If you're a proactive leader with a passion for driving transformative change within finance operations, we encourage you to apply and be part of our dynamic team.
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
We offer different working time models and hybrid work set ups, to get the best office and working-from-home experience at once.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.