Senior FP&A Business Partner, Product & Engineering
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
Senior FP&A Business Partner, Product & Engineering
At Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us!
Who we are at FP&A
We are a dynamic Financial Planning and Analysis team that enjoy solving the business challenges that come with rapid scaling. Our goal is to grow Staffbase as fast as possible, but in an efficient way. Our role is to inform and influence some of Staffbase’s most important business decisions by:
- Providing data driven insight and connection across functions, segmenting by time (quarter, year, multi-year), and among varying levels of data (Top down financial metrics to detailed operational plans)
- Linking that context directly to our business strategy and objectives
- Objectively assessing the impact of the decision on the business and identifying risks/opportunities.
What you'll be doing
We are searching for a world class individual to join our FP&A team, to be a Business Partner to our Product & Engineering teams. This role will connect financial knowledge with our global Product strategy, and involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Embed within the business and provide strategic and operational finance support to our Product and Engineering leaders, with focus on developing plans, forecasts and ROI metrics that will ensure we meet our growth objectives, while understanding the economic trade offs that should be made across the organisation
- Build and manage engineering and product P&Ls and other financial KPIs. With the support of our data & insight team, identify and construct KPIs that provide visibility into org effectiveness and efficiency, the impact they have on our financial results and provide actionable recommendations
- Collaborate with our corporate FP&A function and Accounting teams to build and drive a world class end-to-end financial planning and month end process (monthly, quarterly, and annual)
- Generate content and insight in support of monthly Executive staff meetings, Board presentations, OKRs (i.e. monthly performance updates, board slide creation, etc)
- Drive end-to-end financial planning and forecasting (monthly, quarterly, and annual). Use your extensive understanding and substantial knowledge of finance concepts and FP&A best practices, including headcount planning, driver-based modeling, budgeting, and forecasting
- Drive complex ad-hoc analyses, financial models, and business cases to influence investment decisions in product and technology decisions. With in-depth knowledge of product and engineering strategy, proactively look for ways to identify and deliver incremental value and efficiencies
What you need to be successful
- High-performing track record in a top SaaS company, where involvement in analysis and sophisticated financial models has been of fundamental importance. 5+ years total experience in Finance Business Partner role(s)
- You are poised communicator, willing to challenge the status quo, and not hesitant to voice your informed point of view
- You are highly analytical and can easily transition between the “big picture” and deep diving into the detail
- You have a reputation for navigating networks of systems and people to find the information you need – but you don’t stop there - you tell the compelling story behind the data through relevant insights and conclusions.
- You understand IFRS and key accounting principles. Accounting qualification would be useful, but not a necessity
- Executing projects end-to-end comes naturally to you. Strong individual contribution will always be key
- Prioritizing multiple work streams and various constituents comes as second-nature
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer full time and flexible work-from-home options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.