Director, Customer Success Management - North America
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
Staffbase is seeking a dynamic and experienced Director, Customer Success Management to lead our Customer Success team. Reporting to the Global VP CS, you will lead a team of Customer Success Managers serving our high touch customers in NA, across all sales segments (from corporate to large enterprise). You will play a critical role in driving customer satisfaction, retention, and growth while collaborating closely with cross-functional teams
What you'll be doing
- Build and lead a NA Customer Success Management team that manage customer relationships and understand their desired outcomes, technical landscapes and business goals
- Deliver measurable outcomes; in particular, driving adoption of Staffbase products and services on scalable and replicable fashion
- Improve current processes & frameworks and ensure adherence to enable scalability and faster time to value
- Partner with other cross functional partners in NA and globally (Marketing, Sales, Enablement, Product, Operations) to develop strategies and execute plans that maximize business growth, product adoption, customer retention, and account expansion
- Motivate your team to reach its full capabilities. Recognize and develop high-potential team members while upgrading talent where and when necessary
- Propagate customer success-focused thinking into all areas of the NA business and serve as a centre of excellence and champion of the customer
- Be a key partner to the regional sales leadership by taking ownership of business growth activities post-sales.
What you'll need to be successful
- 5+ years of experience leading customer-facing organizations, with a proven track record of driving customer success and revenue growth
- Exceptional time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and operate effectively under strict deadlines
- Experience in the SaaS industry is an asset, demonstrating familiarity with the unique challenges and dynamics of the subscription-based business model
- Ideally, a combined background of post-sale and sales experience, enabling a holistic understanding of customer needs and revenue drivers
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset, with the ability to leverage data to drive insights and decision-making
- Challenger mindset - drive innovation, challenge the status quo, and lead positive change within the organization
- Deep empathy for customers and a genuine passion for driving revenue and growth
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and improvement, keeping up with industry trends and customer success best practices
- Ownership - accountability, quick wins, own your mistakes. Take risks, fail fast
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, fostering cooperation and alignment across teams and regions
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to build consensus and drive action across teams
- Thorough understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business model
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer full time and flexible work-from-home options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.