Legal Operations Specialist
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
The Legal Ops Specialist is responsible for supporting the Staffbase global legal team in its drive to become an efficient, high-performing business unit. This role will partner closely with the legal team to identify opportunities for business-process improvement and help implement those changes. You will administer and manage multiple tools in the legal tech stack, assist the legal team in their use of tech and support the General Counsel by providing data-driven insights. The ideal candidate will have experience in legal operations in a tech scaleup, a strong understanding of data analytics, and experience with Ironclad, Jira, Slack and OneTrust.
What you’ll be doing
- Drive the development and delivery of initiatives that promote collaboration and knowledge sharing (such as centralized / templated resources and processes).
- Periodically benchmark Legal Team operations, processes and practices against other legal departments, and identify opportunities for enhancement and improvement.
- Be a change management champion and help lead implementation, enablement and training for new tools and processes.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and reports to track legal spend, caseload, and other metrics.
- Automate legal processes using Ironclad, Jira, or other tools.
- Work with the legal team to identify opportunities for improvement and implement changes.
- Provide training and support to the legal team and other stakeholders on legal operations tools and processes.
- Stay up-to-date on legal technology trends and best practices.
What you need to be successful
- 3+ years of experience in a legal ops role or 5+ years of experience in operations with a strong interest in the legal field.
- Strong understanding of data analytics and visualization tools.
- Experience with Ironclad, Jira, Slack and Onetrust.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with scale-up technology company.
- Project management certification.
- Experience with e-billing systems.
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer full time and flexible work-from-home options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.