Director Group Business Operations
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
As our company continues to scale up and experience rapid growth, we are seeking a highly experienced and accomplished Director of Group Business Operations to drive operational excellence across the company. You will lead and influence various cross-functional teams, focusing on optimizing processes, enhancing productivity, establishing the Rhythm of Business, and fostering collaboration to support our ongoing growth trajectory and path to Exit. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with a proven track record in scaling operational functions within a SaaS environment.
In addition to great operational expertise, you must be an excellent communicator and collaborator, capable of working closely with internal stakeholders to build strong relationships and drive results.
This is a permanent, full-time position reporting directly to our Chief Operating Officer.
What you'll be doing
- Develop and execute a comprehensive operational strategy that aligns with the company's goals and supports the expansion of global operations
- Collaborate with executive leadership to define key performance indicators (KPIs) / Organisation Key Results (OKR) and establish benchmarks for operational excellence
- Own the Rhythm of the Business to foster alignment across the business; from meaningful weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting, to managing the preparation for QBRs and Board meetings
- Establish and analyze operational performance metrics to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement
- Collaborate with the Business Systems Team and Data & Insights team to ensure we can report, analyze and benchmark segmented internal and external business metrics to drive meaningful actions and outcomes
- Own the ESG agenda for the company and collaborate with stakeholders to agree a roadmap to deliver on their ESG goals
- Create and run a program for consistently identifying areas for process improvement across all operational functions, including customer support, sales, marketing and product development
- Streamline and standardize processes to enhance efficiency, reduce costs and drive consistent high-quality outcomes
- Lead and manage cross-functional teams, providing guidance, mentorship and coaching to team members
- Foster a culture of collaboration and alignment among teams to ensure seamless execution of business strategies
- Lead and facilitate change initiatives within the organization to drive operational improvements and support growth
- Effectively communicate changes, ensuring team members are aligned and equipped to adapt
- Support Exit readiness activities aligned with short term priorities
- Identify potential operational risks and work with the Risk and Compliance leader to ensure there are strategies to mitigate them
- Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in SaaS and operational management
- Purposefully embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion through supporting initiatives and imbedding awareness as part of team culture
What you need to be successful
- Minimum 7 years of experience in operations leadership roles, with a substantial portion of that experience within the SaaS industry
- Proven track record of successfully scaling operational functions in a rapidly growing environment
- Ability to build something from scratch, socialize concepts and make decisions
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities, with a data-driven approach to decision-making
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong collaboration skills and able to work at ease among various cultures and ability to lead through influence
- Change management expertise, with a history of successfully driving and implementing process improvements
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, adaptable environment while staying organized and detail-oriented
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a proactive, can-do attitude
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity, changing priorities, and multiple deadlines
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer full time and flexible work-from-home options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.