Legal Counsel, North America
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
Staffbase is seeking a dynamic and proactive Legal Counsel to join our team as a key partner to the fast-growing North America go-to-market (GTM) functions. As Legal Counsel supporting the GTM teams, you will play a vital role in enabling business growth while ensuring legal compliance, managing risks, draft, review, negotiate contracts and contributing to the development of scalable legal processes and solutions.
What you’ll be doing
- Draft, review, negotiate, and manage a wide variety of commercial agreements across all business functions, including vendor agreements, inbound and outbound SaaS agreements, data processing agreements, technology license and partnership agreements, services agreements and NDAs
- Provide front-line support to our revenue organization on customer contracts and process, including advising on RFPs, contract review, negotiation approach, and process
- Working closely with our Deal Desk function to provide legal advice and drafting on customer deals.
- Collaborate with internal business groups to provide legal support and guidance regarding the development and implementation of new offerings, programs and business initiatives
- Translate legal issues into relevant business risks and provide practical, solutions-oriented advice that appropriately balances legal risks with business needs
- Assist in the ongoing development of legal resources such as templates, playbooks and training materials, and the optimization of legal processes and system
What you need to be successful
- J.D. and admitted to at least one state bar
- 3+ years of relevant experience, with experience drafting and negotiating SaaS Agreements and Data Processing Agreements in-house at a high-growth technology company preferred
- Experience reviewing commercial contracts and feel comfortable running a negotiation process independently
- Ability to concisely identify complex legal issues and provide advice/explain the rationale for the decision to our business partners
- Effectively handle high-volume and prioritization of tasks in a fast-paced work environment with tight turn-around times
- A collegial and service-oriented attitude toward providing advice to internal and external stakeholders
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in New York City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Staffbase's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $150,000 - $200,000 base salary per year. Other rewards may include commissions and program-specific awards. In addition, Staffbase provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, equity, paid parental leave, an employee growth budget, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, wellness days, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer full time and flexible work-from-home options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.