Senior Instructional Designer (English-Speaking)
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
We are looking for a Senior Instructional Designer for Staffbase Campus to drive the design and creation of English learning programmes and education assets for internal communications professionals. Reporting to the Director, Staffbase Campus, you’ll work closely with the Staffbase Campus team, internal and external stakeholders, and subject matter experts to plan and create learning programmes that support our customers' and the industry’s long-term success.
What you’ll be doing
- In partnership with the Director, the Strategic Development Specialist, and the Senior Instructional Designer for the DACH region, you will design course curricula, corresponding courseware roadmaps and timelines using a rigorous instructional design methodology
- In partnership with the E-learning Content Developer, you will create high-quality instructional materials including (but not limited to) video scripts, content outlines, e-learning assets, articles, PPT decks, webinars, etc. and support their growth in the role
- Work closely with our video producers to translate our vision into the best-in-class learning experience.
- Enforce and elevate pedagogical, assessment and editorial standards for all content
- Build, manage, and leverage an extensive network of internal and external Subject Matter Experts
- Work cross-functionally with other internal content teams by sharing instructional design expertise, supporting roadmap and asset harmonization, and promoting the use of Staffbase Campus assets
- Develop scalable, rigorous learning assessments to reliably and fairly measure learning outcomes, and support the credibility of our Certifications
- Provide final QA check for assets created by the Campus Team
- Utilize authoring tools and e-learning software to develop and deliver interactive and visually appealing content
- Ensure the instructional materials comply with accessibility standards and can be effectively delivered on various platforms and devices
- Stay up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies in e-learning and instructional design to continuously enhance the quality and impact of the e-learning offerings
- Engage in technical tasks within the LMS to support the creation and delivery of e-learning courses such as configuration, multimedia integration, SCORM/AICC compliance, LMS troubleshooting and support
What you need to be successful
- 5-8 years’ demonstrated instructional design experience with a focus on online education
- Bachelors’ degree, or equivalent, and Instructional Design Certificate
- Strong understanding of business communications, in particular internal comms
- Experience in building product training
- Demonstrated copywriting skills (e.g. Portfolio)
- Strong time and project management skill set
- Thorough understanding of video-based education in online learning environments
- Interest in building a best-in-class learning experience, experimenting, and re-inventing education
- High learning agility and excited by working in an agile environment
- Process-oriented & detail-oriented, always looking for ways we can improve our work
- Educationally-minded, taking people through the journey from beginner to expert
- Familiarity with Skilljar & Rise
- Empathy in communication and ability to adjust style and message to different contexts, e.g. team vs. external experts vs. senior leadership
- Exceptional written and verbal English language skills, german language skills are a bonus
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer full time and flexible work-from-home options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.