Sales Development Representative
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our high performing SDR team in New York City. As a Sales Development Representative at Staffbase, you will play a crucial role in driving our growth by identifying and qualifying potential customers. Your keen ability to uncover opportunities, initiate meaningful conversations, and establish relationships will be key in expanding our customer base. You will work closely with our sales and marketing teams to create a pipeline of qualified leads, setting the stage for successful sales interactions. We are looking for people who are passionate about over-achieving monthly targets and qualifying opportunities that result in new business.
What you'll be doing
- Proactively engage prospects and creating a robust pipeline of qualified opportunities
- Utilize various tools and strategies to identify and research potential prospects
- Engage in outbound prospecting through emails, phone calls, and social selling to initiate conversations and build interest in Staffbase's solutions
- Skillfully assess and qualify leads based on their needs, challenges, and fit for Staffbase's offerings. Understand prospect’s' pain points and objectives to determine their potential as viable opportunities.
- Clearly and persuasively communicate Staffbase's value prop. You’ll tailor your messaging to address their specific needs and demonstrate how our platform can enhance their employee communication and engagement strategies.
- Maintain a consistent follow-up cadence with leads to nurture relationships and keep at “top-of-mind.”
- Use your strong prospecting and selling skills to set up qualified meetings for our AE Team
- Work closely with our sales and marketing teams to drive pipeline in a sustainable way
- Engage with our website visitors and respond to their chat messages
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, competitor offerings, and Staffbase's features to position our platform effectively during conversations.
- Think of new ways to improve the prospecting process to increase results and provide ongoing feedback to Sales Management
What you need to be successful
- Experience using Linkedin Sales Navigator, SalesForce, Zoominfo, Gong and Outreach.io would be a plus
- Possession of a positive attitude and an interest in learning and building a career in sales
- Goal-oriented, high energy contributor with a sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- You love rolling up your sleeves and jumping into the day and aren’t scared of the phone
- The ability to be coached and trained from scratch
- Go the extra mile to deliver results
- Have a great curiosity about software products and you are comfortable working with them
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to solve problems by thinking analytically and creatively
- Are a team player and celebrate the successes of your Staffbase colleagues as much as your own
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in New York City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Staffbase's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $55,000 - $65,000 base salary per year. Other rewards may include commissions and program-specific awards. In addition, Staffbase provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, equity, paid parental leave, an employee growth budget, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, wellness days, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer full time and flexible work-from-home options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.