Bid Manager EMEA
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
The Bid & RFP Manager EMEA is responsible for the end-to-end bid process, from the initial identification of the customer’s requirements, through to delivery and analysis of the results. The Bid Manager will coordinate and manage the team that will be responsible for preparing and submitting the final bid to the customer, taking ownership for ensuring we are complying with all necessary bid governance and procedures, setting and maintaining a winning bid strategy, and making sure that the the business case we are presenting is clear, compelling and consistent. This is a supporting role for our regional Sales functions and the Bid Manager will be part of the Revenue Operations team.
What you’ll be doing
- Cross functional collaboration with Sales, Product, Finance, Legal etc. to collect input from key internal stakeholders across teams and to coordinate the process from receipt of the client’s request through to delivery of the final document
- Work closely with the Account Executive and the Sales lead in order to develop a clear win strategy for each bid, and ensure that these are consistently referenced throughout our final submission
- Risk tracking, mitigation and management through the bid process to ensure any escalations are handled efficiently
- Contribute to the written document, such as providing guidance and editing of the Executive Summary, and also answering any company related questions using our bid repository
- Identify and assign relevant documents to other areas of the business, e.g. raising Legal Requests for example contracts/key terms, and coordinating the completion and review of all information
- Carry out proofreading and editing content of all client facing documents, ensuring consistency in formatting and quality across the board. This includes ensuring that all legal information and company details are accurate and up to date
- Craft winning RFP/Tender responses partnering with sales, legal, product, and finance and ensure responses are generated within an agreed timeline
- Ensure efficient submission of compliant, high quality and commercially sound bids.
- Carry out win/loss analysis on completed bids to identify key trends, providing feedback and areas for improvement
- Identify, upload and maintain content within the online bid repository and share appropriate resources
- Create proactive sales collateral to assist in the bid process, e.g., example Executive Summaries, product specific templates, market specific templates, etc.
- Carry out competitor analysis in order to benchmark performance and identify areas of future improvement
- Help to drive continuous improvement through post-bid surveys, reviews and sharing lessons learned
- Become an expert on competitive intelligence and positioning
What you need to be successful
- Ideally background in bid management, contract management or solution selling
- Familiarity/experience with RFP software solutions like Loopio, Responsive, RFPIO etc.
- Proven ability to manage complex multi work-stream projects and experience in risk mitigation and management would be an advantage
- An excellent communicator and comfortable in communicating with stakeholders of all levels
- Advanced time management, prioritization and organizational skills, proven ability to work with deadlines and multiple priorities
- Proactive self-starter with great attention to detail, strong analytic abilities and good commercial awareness
- White glove level service ability
- Experience with SaaS sales process would be a plus
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and German
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer full time and flexible work-from-home options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.