People Business Partner
At Staffbase we believe that Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Business Partner to support our fast-growing B2B SaaS company. In this role, you will work closely with leadership and employees. Your core competencies in talent management, culture and engagement, performance, and productivity will play a pivotal role in driving organizational success and supporting the growth of our teams.
What you’ll be doing
- Business Partnering: You are a strategic and trusted advisor, providing guidance and support on all people-related matters, including talent management, organizational design, employee relations, and performance management
- Talent Management: Support the leadership team, Talent Management and Acquisition Teams to hire, grow and develop top talent and support them to optimize their organizational structure
- Culture and Engagement: Foster a positive and inclusive culture. Execute and support initiatives that promote employee engagement, well-being, and a sense of belonging
- Performance and Productivity: Drive performance management processes, ensuring clear performance expectations, regular feedback, and development opportunities. Support the leadership team to enhance productivity and optimize team performance
- Compensation and Benefits: Support execution of compensation cycles and drive awareness and utilization of company benefits
- Employee Relations: Provide guidance and support on employee relations matters, including conflict resolution, performance improvement plans, and disciplinary actions. Ensure compliance with employment laws and company policies, promoting a fair and respectful work environment. Work closely together with the People Shared Services function/team
- Change Management: Support organizational changes and initiatives, ensuring effective communication, stakeholder management, and adoption of new processes or systems
- People Programs and Policies: Implement and maintain People programs, policies, and procedures in alignment with company values, culture, and legal requirements
- People Analytics and Reporting: Utilize data and analytics to provide insights and recommendations for your leadership team. Generate reports and dashboards on key PX metrics to drive informed decision-making
- Employee Development and Training: Collaborate with the Learning and Development team to identify training and development needs. Support the design and delivery of relevant programs to enhance employee skills and capabilities
What you need to be successful
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years of HR experience, including business partnering, preferably within a fast-growing technology or SaaS company
- Experience in talent management, culture and engagement, performance management, and organizational design
- Solid understanding of employment laws and regulations, with experience ensuring compliance and mitigating legal risks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple competing priorities
- Experience with change management and driving organizational change initiatives
- Professional certifications such as SHRM-CP or PHR are a plus
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
We Love Diversity - Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We're in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer full time and flexible work-from-home options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual's life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.