Director, Customer Sales
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada · Waterloo, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, December 5, 2023
Axonify is the frontline enablement solution that’s science-backed and proven to maximize the potential of workforces. Our vision is to reinvent the frontline experience, and we thrive giving them what they need to learn, connect, and get things done.
Our SaaS platform is enjoyable, engaging, and easy to use, with an unprecedented 83% engagement rate. If you're looking for a meaningful product and a great company culture, let's talk!
Reporting to the Vice President, Customer Success, the Director, Customer Sales will be responsible for driving revenue growth within existing customers. This role is accountable for building, leading and coaching the Customer Sales team.
The Director, Customer Sales will develop and implement the customer sales strategy and internal sales process, both at the strategic and tactical level. You will have direct accountability for the team’s sales goals/targets, deal strategy, demos and talent planning to ensure the budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
As part of the Customer Success team, you will collaborate heavily with peers on the Customer Success and Sales teams, to drive a customer driven growth strategy, and consider dynamics of customer renewal, upsell, cross-sell in overall customer growth planning.
The impact you'll have:
- Create the customer sales strategy, and lead the customer sales team through it's execution, including involvement in deal process
- Build, hire and manage a high performing team, continually reviewing the changing needs of the business to iterate and plan efficient and effective organizational structure, while actively participating in the development of talent and succession planning
- Strategize with revenue team leadership (Customer Success, Sales, Customer Experience, Marketing) to determine business objectives and people development plans
- Create, deploy and evaluate a set of processes to evolve a program that delivers consistent Net ARR growth
- Devise and deploy all sales goals and objectives across the teams, including the preparation of sales quotas and budgets.
- Drive sales best practices and evaluating, creating and taking on new initiatives
- Manage a business that moves quickly and increases revenue YoY though upsell and cross-sell
- Influence the development of key customer relationships focused on customer outcomes and increased customer wallet share
- Measure progress through pipeline build, accurate forecasting, quota achievement, customer acquisition cost and demonstration of best practices around sales leadership and coaching
- Integrate and align sales strategies with talent, processes, IT systems, and other areas to increase Salesforce capability and success.
- Foster an engaging work environment consistent with the company culture
The things you bring:
- 5+ years of sales leadership experience. Strong knowledge in retail, grocery and/or financial verticals will be a major plus.
- Results driven, committed to exceeding sales targets and managing a team accountable to delivering sales results
- Demonstrated experience selling complex SaaS Software, preferably in a disruptive market or premium product category.
- Experience in developing client relationships, prospecting and negotiation skills, with the ability to manage an opportunity from lead through to close.
- Ability to create cross-functionally relationships and provide industry insights to various stakeholders across the business
- Effective track record of coaching and mentoring sales professionals
- Experience working within a structured sales methodology, MEDDIC specific experience will be a bonus
- Ability to handle pressures and meet deadlines, using superior time management and organizational skills
- Experience in defining and tracking metrics and developing processes to improve sales performance
This is a flexible hybrid position with some in-office days at our Waterloo or Toronto office. Let’s chat more about our flexible working arrangement!
You will be provided with the tools, resources and support to ensure your success.
The things you’ll enjoy:
An impactful product that gives back to the communities and frontline workers that support our everyday lives.
People with great attitudes that lead to great results through our values: Empathetic, Bold, Innovative and Empowering.
A diverse team that celebrates unique perspectives and experiences that add richness to our culture.
Leaders that trust deeply who leverage our skills, adapt to us as individuals and encourage us to be our best selves.
Ready to join the team? Here’s what’s next.
Apply. Our Talent Acquisition team is committed to providing an outstanding experience throughout your journey with us. Learn more about Axonify by visiting us at www.axonify.com/careers
We believe our team’s unique life experiences, backgrounds, cultures, beliefs and abilities add richness to our culture and depth to our ideas. Our ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that supports, empowers and delivers a sense of belonging for all members of the team.
We want to remove barriers that may limit you from joining Axonify. Email us at email@example.com to let us know how we can provide you with reasonable accommodations through our candidate journey.