Talent Development Learning Specialist
People & HR
Toronto, ON, Canada · Waterloo, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Axonify is the frontline enablement solution that’s science-backed and proven to maximize the potential of workforces. Our vision is to reinvent the frontline experience, and we thrive giving them what they need to learn, connect, and get things done.
Our SaaS platform is enjoyable, engaging, and easy to use, with an unprecedented 83% engagement rate. If you're looking for a meaningful product and a great company culture, let's talk!
We’re looking for a Talent Development Learning Specialist to focus on the design and development of internal employee training materials.
As a key member of the People and Culture team, this position involves writing, curating, and delivering training content to enhance the knowledge and skills of employees.
The Learning Specialist works closely with various teams to ensure that training materials align with organizational goals and contribute to the professional growth and development of the workforce. This role requires a combination of instructional design expertise, content creation skills, and a deep understanding of adult learning principles.
The impact you'll have:
- Work closely with the Talent Development Programs Manager to understand the learning needs of the organization, teams, and individuals and recommend learning solutions, and co-create the design & development
- Research and write training content for ongoing employee training for both people leaders and individual contributors
- Design and construct learning assets including e-modules, videos, and visuals for all Talent Development Programs
- Design and propose improvements to learning effectiveness of Talent Development Programs and assets
- Coordinate delivery on Talent Development project enablement
- Support the development of Facilitation Guides for trainings
- Contribute to the Onboarding Program as required
- Support bi-weekly all company update sessions
- Support the annual company kickoff business event
- Administer the internal instance of the Axonify platform (Dogfood)
- Manage the employee article database (Discover)
- Own and build out the internal instance of the Axonify platform’s (Dogfood) Content Library
- Maintain and update existing training materials to ensure relevant accessible content
- Manage the internal training calendar and coordinate all learning events
- Support the reporting of all Training and Development Metrics
- Regular co-facilitation duties
- Other duties as required
The things you bring:
- 3+ years experience in a learning & development role
- Knowledge of adult learning methods
- Experience with LMS Management
- Experience with the Axonify platform
- Advanced proficiency in Articulate Rise and/or Vyond
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, skilled at project and change management with cross-functional collaboration.
- Experience designing, developing, implementing, and facilitating learning sessions using a variety of in person, virtual and hybrid platforms to engage the learning audience at all levels of the organization
- Experience leveraging a variety of resources, knowledge and information to assess learning needs and develop sessions through a high level of judgment, integrity and sense of urgency
- Experience researching and finding the best facilitator to offer a learning session when the topic cannot be facilitated in-house
- A passion and desire for maintaining a business culture of learning
It's ok if your experience doesn't check every box! If you check off more than a few - great! We’d welcome a chance to get to know what you can bring, how you can add to our culture, and hear your unique story.
Work location: This is a flexible hybrid position with some in-office days at our Waterloo or Toronto office. Let’s chat more about our flexible working arrangement!
You will be provided with the tools, resources and support to ensure your success.
The things you’ll enjoy:
An impactful product that gives back to the communities and frontline workers that support our everyday lives.
People with great attitudes that lead to great results through our values: Empathetic, Bold, Innovative and Empowering.
A diverse team that celebrates unique perspectives and experiences that add richness to our culture.
Leaders that trust deeply who leverage our skills, adapt to us as individuals and encourage us to be our best selves.
Check out our perks
Ready to join the team? Here’s what’s next.
Apply. Our Talent Acquisition team is committed to providing an outstanding experience throughout your journey with us. Learn more about Axonify by visiting us at www.axonify.com/careers
We believe our team’s unique life experiences, backgrounds, cultures, beliefs and abilities add richness to our culture and depth to our ideas. Our ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that supports, empowers and delivers a sense of belonging for all members of the team.
We want to remove barriers that may limit you from joining Axonify. Email us at email@example.com to let us know how we can provide you with reasonable accommodations through our candidate journey.