Software Developer (Java)
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Axonify is a Canadian company with HQ in Ontario and we support 3.5+ million frontline workers all over the world.
We are the frontline enablement solution that’s science-backed and proven to maximize the potential of workforces. Through bite-sized microlearning and daily intelligent reinforcement, embedded two-way communication and guided task management, Axonify gives frontlines what they need to learn, connect, and get things done. Our platform is fun, engaging and simple to use and our unprecedented 83% engagement rate speaks for itself.
If you have a passion for building a meaningful solution that will transform the career of others, let's talk!
The Java Software Developer will be part of our backend team, working directly with our Canadian developers, and will focus on helping us create quality code to support millions of users everyday. As a key member of the development team, you will collaborate to create new features and products that our customers love.
If you believe this a team you would like to join, we kindly ask you to submit your resume in English.
The things you’ll do:
- Design, develop, test, deploy and support the code you write.
- Develop the backend for new features and services that make up the Axonify solution.
- Solve hard scalability problems inherent in a cloud based, multi-tenant system architecture.
- Performance analysis and optimization on high volume data services.
- Work with product management to help shape the direction of new products and features.
- Participate in code and architecture reviews.
- And of course, other duties to support the Axonify and further build your skills
The things you bring:
- Professional Experience. Solid experience with Java development, including concurrency and performance, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and OO design. Experience with Cloud Computing environments and any or all of these technologies: Relational Databases, NoSQL Databases, Search Engines, Web and Application Server Engines, Containers.
- Knowledge. Familiarity with performance and/or unit testing.
- Quality mindset. Drive for the highest quality. A detail-oriented mindset; and a highly enthusiastic team player with a positive attitude.
- Effectiveness. A desire to work in a fast-paced, evolving, dynamic environment.
- Problem solving attitude. Good analytical and problem-solving skills. A team player that is also able to operate autonomously and proactively seek out solutions to problems.
- English skills. We understand that English is not your first language, therefore, we don't expect it to be completely fluent. However, you should be comfortable working and communicating in English with our Canadian teams.
You have the flexibility to work remotely from anywhere in Brazil and you will be provided with the tools, resources and support to ensure success regardless of where you physically work.
The things you’ll enjoy:
An impactful product that gives back to the communities and frontline workers that support our everyday lives.
People with great attitudes that lead to great results through our values of Collaborate, Be Bold and Get It Done.
A diverse Axonify Community that celebrates unique perspectives and experiences that add richness to our culture.
Leaders that trust deeply who leverage our skills, adapt to us as individuals and encourage us to be our best selves.
Flexibility and choice. Early riser? Great, we offer flexible work hours. Prefer to work from home and in the office? No problem, we operate on a hybrid model where you work in the location that supports your personal and professional life. East or West coast? We have employees that span across Canada, the US and the UK. Eid or Christmas? Our Flexible Holiday Program supports you to take the days off that matter to you.
Professional growth. We’re learning experts and our excitement goes beyond our product. Not only do we offer Axonifiers daily learning, continual growth and broad experiences, we also offer a Professional Growth Spending account to encourage more development even outside of work hours..
Wellbeing that supports our lives away from work. We love what we do, but we also love our lives away from Axonify and we encourage employees to enjoy their personal lives with generous vacation time, Axonify holidays, personal days, competitive benefits with a Wellness Spending Account, and in-house workshops such as yoga, financial planning or
Ready to join the Team? Here’s what’s next.
We know that what you bring may not look exactly like what we have listed here. And that’s ok if you don’t check every box! If you check off more than a few - great! We’d welcome a chance to get to know what you can bring, how you can add to our culture, and hear your unique story.
We believe our team’s unique life experiences, backgrounds, cultures, beliefs and abilities add richness to our culture and depth to our ideas. Our ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that supports, empowers and delivers a sense of belonging for all members of Axonify. And while the journey is continuous—always learning and adapting—we know that when we help each other grow, we can achieve amazing things together.
We want to remove barriers that may limit you from joining Axonify. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how we can provide you with reasonable accommodations through our candidate journey.
See more open positions at Axonify
Something looks off?