Manager, Payroll and Accounts Payable
At Avidbots, we believe in solving real world problems with autonomous robotics solutions. Our current product, Neo, is a fully autonomous floor scrubbing robot deployed and trusted by the world’s leading facilities and building services companies- and we aren’t stopping there! We are dedicated to continuously innovate, both on our current product and developing new solutions. Headquartered in Kitchener, ON, Canada and Chicago USA, Avidbots is a rapidly growing technology company, recognized as a Great Place to Work and one of Deloitte's Fast 500. Take a look at what Neo can do!
About this role:
The Manager, Payroll and Accounts Payable is responsible for leading payroll and accounts payable operations for Avidbots across Canada, the US and other global entities. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this person will oversee accounting functions for the payroll, incentive compensation and benefits activities, including calculation, funding, compliance and related journal entry and balance sheet reconciliations.
This position will also oversee accounts payable operations ensuring that all invoices and payments are accurately processed and paid in a timely manner in compliance with Company’s policies. In addition, you will lead a small team of accounting professionals and be responsible for establishing and evolving payroll and accounts payable policies, scaling related processes and ensuring system and workflow automation. As a true business partner to the organization, you will lead with a can-do attitude developing collaborative relationships across the Company.
This role can be performed as a hybrid role with occasional travel to our Kitchener-Waterloo Headquarters.
How you will make a difference:
- Manage the payroll accounting process for all Avidbots entities, ensuring accuracy and timeliness and establishing and evolving payroll best practices as business scales.
- Manage and create monthly payroll journal entries. Review and reconcile payroll and incentive compensation accounting data to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Support internal and external audits by performing process walkthroughs, providing audit deliverables and analyses.
- Ensure proper taxation and withholding of all statutory withholdings and voluntary deductions for all countries and locations, oversee compliance and ensure delivery of regular payroll and associated filings as required by local laws.
- Provide day-to-day support and issue resolution related to payroll, incentive compensation, and system inquiries, proactively communicating with impacted employees, managers and the People Team.
- Align tightly with the People Team to build and execute scalable processes to support the onboarding, change, and offboarding processes and overall payroll, benefits and incentive compensation strategy.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of invoices in compliance with company policies and procedures. Implement three-way match to increase efficiency of vendor payments processing.
- Manage the T&E reimbursement process, from user authorization through payment and ensuring proper controls are in place.
- Develop and maintain monthly reporting KPIs related to end-to-end accounts payable process, continually improving the accounts payable team’s efficiency.
- Own month-end close of accounts payable, including reconciliation of all related balance sheet accounts.
Key requirements and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting
- 10+ years of relevant experience, including 5+ years of supervisory or management experience in payroll processing and accounts payable functions
- Strong technical background in payroll and ability to own US and Canadian payroll function with minimal guidance or direction
- Subject matter expertise and strong working knowledge of payroll best practices, guidelines and compliance
- Expert experience with Ceridian and/or other leading HRIS & Payroll systems, experience in systems integration and conversion a plus
- Hands-on experience with Epicor ERP preferred
- Strong analytical and financial reporting and MS Excel skills
- Experience with documentation of business process and gathering of business requirements
- Sophisticated depth of communication, analytical, project management and time management skills
Avidbots is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/ life balance is critical to ensure the happiness/well-being of our people.