Business Development Representative
Why should you consider joining Auvik?
- You want to work at a company that is building impactful, relevant technology. Auvik’s network management software helps IT teams by automating time-consuming tasks, streamlining operations, and mitigating risk. It’s more important than ever to be able to remotely monitor and manage network infrastructure, and with Auvik, IT professionals have that essential visibility and control.
- You want to work with a leadership team who are transparent and trustworthy. Our senior leaders have a vision for Auvik. They are experienced, knowledgeable, approachable, and consistently working hard to drive success, both for the company and the team of people who make it happen.
- You want to work with a product customers love. People rave about what we’ve built—our latest NPS was 57 (phenomenal!). Our customers are smart, aspirational, and highly technical. It pays to get the details right.
- You want regular opportunities for learning and growth. With ongoing feedback from leadership, you’ll find that Auvik encourages you to be your very best. Our onboarding process is thorough and informative because we want to make sure you’re prepared to have a great work experience. We also have programs designed to help you take the next steps you want for your career.
- You want the flexibility to manage your work, your way. We’re a fully distributed team and we’re prepared to continue to support working from home (or the space you choose!). We trust you to get the job done where you feel most comfortable and effective.
What’s this role about?
Hold the torch high! As a business development representative, you’ll play an integral role in Auvik’s success and growth, using your energy, smarts, resourcefulness, and charisma to develop sales opportunities. Excel in this role and there’s a clear growth path to Auvik account executive.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be responsible for identifying, qualifying, researching, and warming up prospective buyers for our network management software. Every day, you will focus on:
- Researching and developing business intelligence for new and existing accounts
- Conducting high-level conversations with senior executives
- Delivering compelling explanations of Auvik’s capabilities to prospects
- Achieving your monthly quota of qualified opportunities and meetings attended
- Evangelizing Auvik’s network management software
- Generating new business opportunities to fuel Auvik’s growth
What are we looking for?
- A people person, with a friendly and positive manner, who loves the thought of getting paid to have conversations
- The ability to quickly build rapport with almost anyone
- Great communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Solid internet research skills
- A passion for learning new things quickly and a strong technical aptitude
- A tenacious self-starter with a drive to succeed
- Post-secondary education in any field
Are there bonus points?
Yes! We’ll give your application extra credit if you have one or more of these:
- Experience in any type of sales, business development, or fundraising role
- Knowledge of Salesforce
Auvik makes network management easier. Our software provides the visibility and automation IT professionals need to focus on the work that delivers the greatest value to their organization. Today, Auvik helps IT teams manage more than four million devices on over 50,000 networks worldwide.
Auvik is one of the fastest growing North American technology companies, and is winner of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50, Deloitte Fast 500, and was recognized as the #1 ranked Canadian company in the FT Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies list.
We’re focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We are happy to make any accommodations you may need throughout the interview process as well. Don't have a working webcam? We will help you find a space you can conduct your interview from Have kids or pets in the background? Don’t worry about it. Just let us know what you need when we reach out to schedule and we will make it work!
Auvik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.